Need some help with ideas

Username: Slimjim

Caro, MI US

Post Number: 10
Ok, i have a 96 jimmy 4 dr and i was thinking of some things that would make it louder. I am going to order a X.X.X 12" this summer and I have an eclipse in there now. My idea was to make a fiberglass enclosure and make everything look pretty. i'm pretty set with that but I was wondering if i put a ported wall right behind the rear seat if it would be louder. I also observed that it is far more loud pointing the sub at hatch rather than towards the front. i think this was because of the reverb off the back, so if i seal up the hatch better and dynomat the tailgate will that help the loud factor? Any input is greatly appreciated.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 391
it'll be louder if you aim the port and sub at the rear. i've seen people aim the subs up and have the ports aiming at the rear or side of the car as well. it prob depends on your car, you'll have to get a ported box and move it around till you find where you like it best.

Bronze Member
Username: Slimjim

Caro, MI US

Post Number: 13
i ment ports in the wall to let air flow. the sub will be in a sealed encloser

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2184
Yeah, at first I thought you meant you wanted to port into the cabin too. It should work, as long as the holes are big enough. You could also cut big slots or something. You gotta have room for the big tv too, don't forget.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us