Atlas and Avalanche no longer XBL2

Bronze Member
Username: Geekbike

Post Number: 96
"We are no longer comfortable carrying or using XBL2^TM technology in our products." - Straight off AA's site.

http://www.ascendantaudio.com/

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 148
holy sh!t look at the price drops on the remaind XBL2^TM left over subs!!

atlas 12-100
atlas 15-105
ava 12-200
ava 15-225
ava 18-275

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 149
hey, is the rms on the ava 12 800+?

Bronze Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 21
just ordered two 12" ava

Bronze Member
Username: Cenus

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 79
are the ones they are selling that cheap still have the xbl2^tm motor

Bronze Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 25
yes, i just talked to chad, owner of ascendantaudio

Bronze Member
Username: Lotus

Post Number: 13
I just got one av15 :D

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1149
I'd be nice if Chad would post specs on the Avalanche 12. Do you even know what you bought Vincent?

-Fishy

Bronze Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 82
yes two 15 inch atlas's are coming my way :-)

Bronze Member
Username: Algirard1

OH United States

Post Number: 92
The specs for the Avlanche 12" are:

Fs 23 Hz
Vas 80 Liters
Qms 4.36
Qes .39
Qts .358
Znom 4 ohms
Re 2.8 ohms
Mms 197 g
Sd 480 cm^2
Pnom 800 watts

Chad posted them on this website http://forum.soundillusions.net/showthread.php?t=50318

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 244
how do you guys think the new technology will be?

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 722
No clue on the new design...the only thing that comes to mind is LMT, but I highly doubt that is what it will be.

...Is it just me or do any of yall think that AA took Dan Wiggin's quote the wrong way?

I mean...all he could have ment was that the soft parts of other woofers (ex: Ava and X.X.X.) dont create a woofer that is identical to a brahma or tumult. I mean, X.X.X.'s and brahma's dont sound exactly the same anyways.

Just because a woofer says XBL^2 inabled doesnt mean its gonna sound exactly like other XBL^2 woofers. Just like all underhung woofers dont sound the same.

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 249
i thought the site said the new technology was mbII. does that sound famiiar. personally i like XBL2^TM , it has a better ring to it.

Bronze Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 83
any1 know what the specs are for the atlas 15 i can't find them anywhere on the website

Bronze Member
Username: Algirard1

OH United States

Post Number: 93
they are here

http://www.ascendantaudio.com/archive/Atlas%2015%20high%20Qts%20T-S%20specs.htm

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 723
http://www.ascendantaudio.com/archive/Atlas%2015.htm

click the links on the side that say "high Qts", "mid Qts", and "low Qts"

Bronze Member

Hicksville, Ohio Usa

Post Number: 85
cool thanx

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3853
Marshall, you hit the nail on the head. Just because all subs use XBL^2 doesn't mean they are equal, and that's the point Dan was trying to get across. Ascendant's parts aren't custom made like those from Adire, many are imported to save cost. The suspensions on all the other XBL^2 subs (such as the X.X.X., Atlas, Avalanche, etc.) differ by a lot, plus the different voice coil materials and configurations, and of course other alterations. Dan was right, all are not created equal. He probably had a lot of questions regarding why they should pay more for a Brahma when the Avalanche is cheaper.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 724
Yea Jonathan...I think AA and Chad are blowing this way out of proportion.

But still, you wouldnt wanna loan me some $$$ so i can grab an Ava 18" or 2...would ya :-)

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3856
I think AA and Chad are just trying to find a way to stop paying royalties. Notice how he emphasized how the new motor design is free. I'm curious what he's planning to take XBL^2's spot, though.

I'd be lucky if I could afford an Avalanche myself. I'd probably have to scrape to buy a Sony right now.

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 727
yea...i hear ya.

I'm scraping rite now tryin to buy an amp for my SX15. I'd already have an amp rite now if it wasnt for 2 tickets i got...one for speedin (67 in a 45) and one for runnin a stop sign:-(

I'm really wonderin about that motor design too. But if they can use it for free, then the cost of their new subs should be lower than the XBL^2 subs they were sellin....hummm...

Bronze Member
Username: Basketballinu05

Post Number: 48
it still says the price is 160 for the atlas 15 where r u guys seeing these cheap prices?

Silver Member

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 728
http://www.ascendantaudio.com

scroll down about half-way of that page.

Bronze Member
Username: Basketballinu05

Post Number: 49
yeah i click that and click pricing in the middle and i get this Atlas 12" now $145

Atlas 15" now $160

Avalanche 15" now $299

Avalanche 18" remains at $399

Bronze Member
Username: Sx3

Post Number: 50
Does anybody know how many Atlas 15"s are left?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2747
I bought an Atlas 12 and an avalanche 15 & 18 today how could you pass up those prices, I dont care if you have to sell yourself to a man wh0re like hunter does those prices are incredible!

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 152
Zach

click the link, once the web page opens dont click anything, scroll down to half-way down the page.

it says "Pricing" in bold then look under that. i just checked they're still the onsale price!! the old price has a line through it!

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 153
hey i was just curious, does anyone know how the 15" avalanche competes with the 15" x.x.x.? say they were both in a ported box.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2750
The Avalanche works very well in a sealed enclosure, it will work well in forted but because of its low FS the box would have to be tuned to about 20htz and be rather on the large side like 5-7 cu/ft. I have never run a X X X but I have run a Brahma, and I currently am running a Avalanche and they sound very similar.

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 154
what would the difference be in sq and spl? cuz i mean for that price i could buy the 15" ava, sell my X.X.X. and make some mula lol

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 155
ok thanks James, if 2 of those 15" avalanches were put in a sealed box how big would the box be... just an ish number

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2751
SQ you would not be able to tell the two apart IMO and SPL I would have to say its subjective to the amount of power you are running to it. The Avalanche is 800RMS and the X X X is 1600 RMS so that makes a huge difference as to what amp you are going to run. In perfect conditions I would have to say the X X X would get louder but not by much prob harly noticable if at all. Why dont you get one and test it out and let us know, no one on here has done that test yet:-)

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2180
You know James, I would junt you down and murder you if you happened to buy the last Avalanche 15. Would be pretty funny though, lol.

I almost sh.it myself when I read the price changes today. I'ma offer the guy that wants my guitar 50 bucks less if he'll buy it this week so I can order an Avy.

Silver Member

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 156
hmmm ill think about it lol. the amp i currently have is a orion 1200d, it had some issues so i sent it back to be repaired/replaced. maybe if i call them at onlinecarstereo.com, they would give me a credit towards a new amp. any suggestions?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2753
Hey Nick I got the G4 installed today and all I have to say is :-):-):-):-):-):-)

JAKE REED
Unregistered guest
whats the deal on warranty's going to be???

need to know asap

Silver Member
Username: Sancho886

El Cajon, CA US

Post Number: 131
is the 18" worth the 50 bucks over the 15"?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2181
James, can you tell a difference from the PPI?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2763
yeah! I havnt really messed with the intel Q on the amp yet but so far the SQ is noticably better with the Orion which I was really really surprised, The PPI got a tad louder but Isaac says I need to adjust the intel Q it is at 0 now so I am gonna go up with it Isaac has his on 6db's so I will check that out and seee what it does. Dude I talked to chad and he said you have about 1 week to order that avalanche before they are gone so I would start selling yourself now:-) I ordered the ava 12 to check it out, Chad told me in a 1.5cu/ft enclosure tuned to 27 htz it is a absolute monster:-)

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2185
James, I thought you said you were gonna buy all the Avalanche sizes and a couple Atlas's. What did you actually order?

I was thinking of getting an Avalanche 18" for the price, but I wouldn't be able to fit a big enough box in my trunk.

I hate all the fu.ckheads in our area right now. I've had a bunch of fa.ggots look at my guitar and old sub + box, but nobody even has the fricken money to start with... I'll go on a killing spree if I end up not being able to buy an Avalanche.

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 304
my brother wont believe me that a 12 ava will destroy his L7 overall.... and its cheaper too! i want to buy them for ppl because of the price lol... id buy myself one but i dont have enough money and i need an amp for my 15ava.... but they are making me mad because i wanted to get anohter one in like 6-8 months but now i;lll have to get 2 of the new ones! grrr

Bronze Member
Username: Redrange

Mo Hill, California

Post Number: 30
Wut wouold be louder in a ported box 2 12 atlas or 1 15 ava???

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 305
i think ive heard 2 12 atlas' are 1 db less than a 15 ava on average... so just get one 15 ava if i were you
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us