CrossFire VR1000D / who has one or knows about it?

Gold Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 1079
Since i sold some of my amplifiers that i had no use for i decided to find a amplifier to suit my Avalanche 15. At first i wanted a Orion HCCA 250g4 but had no luck finding one. So i did alittle research and decided to order a CrossFire VR1000D mono amp thats gonna be run at 1000 watts rms X 1 @ 1ohm tested at 12.5 volts and over 1100 at 14.4 volts. I read nothing but positive things about this and i look forward to getting it. I found one brand new at http://www.caraudiomag.com/specialfeatures/0202cae_amp/

Gold Member

Post Number: 1080
anybody else own this amp?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2796
MO crossfire is a good amp. I wouldn't say it's as good as Zapco nor JL, but better than few others.
There isn't whole lot of info on crossfire, even their manual omits certain information.
I think overall, you should be happy with it.
FYI, class AB amps's efficiency gap with class D, narrows as you near max output.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1082
Isaac, i look foward to this amplifier cause im pushing that Avalanche 15 with it. Its gonna hit hard as hell. I better stay with 2.2 cubes huh other wise my midrange may get overshadowed with 2.5 cause of the lack of top end and strong low end.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2798
High quality bass will always enhance the sound. Most of the time when bass overpowers the mids and highs is due to low quality SPL/bass setup.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1083
so this is low quality????? what im using..lol I think 2.2 cubes with 1lb of polyfill sounds like a winner.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2801
No, what I"m saying is that, lot of people who complain about bass overtaking their mids and highs, tend to have terrible bass sound quality to begin with.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1084
I ordered all my wiring from knukonceptz and now i need to get speaker baffle for my componants from that site.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us