Good subs for 1000x1 @1ohm amp? + questions

Username: Demko

Post Number: 8
I have a A memphis audio 16-PB1KD amp, I found the specs on memphis site but its listed as 16-PR1KD, but says Power Reference/Power Bass Amps, so it must be the same. The ratings are as follows
RMS Power 2ohm - 600 x 1
RMS Power 1ohm - 1000 x 1

what would be a good set of subs to power off this, I was looking for 2 12s, should i look for ones that handle 500rms each and run them at 1ohm? That part confuses me :-\

thx for any input.

Post Number: 9
also, I would need 2 DVC 4ohm subs to wire them down to 1ohm correct?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3229
RockFord Fosgate Punch 3 subs are 500 watts rms and are DVC 4 ohms, but what are you looking for, spl or sq, whats your budget for both subs

Post Number: 10
SPL, and I am looking to invest about 400 +/- 100. Thats both subs and a box.

But 2 DVC 4 ohms can be wired down to 1ohm right?

Bronze Member
Username: Car_bangs

Post Number: 14
4+4=2 4+4=2 2 and 2 is 1 YES

Bronze Member
Username: Car_bangs

Post Number: 15
REALLY DIVISION

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
ok thx.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
looks like im going to get 2 punch3 12s when i save up the money, with a ported box. its about $700 total on cardomain and crutchfield.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
would i need to look at a new alt for this setup? my brother had this amp pushing 2 SVC 10" eclipse subs and he didnt change out his alt, but it did die about 6 months later, not sure if it was due to the system or not.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3282
it depends really on the car and what kind it has already, 1000 watts rms should be alright, but how do u figureits going to be 700 bucks, the box should be 100 or less, and the subs should be like 150 for each, so thats only 400 bucks lol

Bronze Member

Post Number: 14
http://www.cardomain.com/sku/ROCP312D4

250 each sub, and I need dynamat, because my trunk rattles on my 98 monte carlo. So I was adding that in the price. I didnt check ebay for anything yet, but if you know where i can get them for 150 each lemme know :-)

Bronze Member

Post Number: 15
well i didnt find thos on ebay only 10" ones. But i found this http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=39777%26item%3D5771624141 %26

$120 for 2 kicker comp 400rms each. would that sound about as good as the 2 RF punch3's?

Silver Member
Username: Dankman

Granger, Indiana United States

Post Number: 142
Get the two eclipse aluminum 12's the SW7124 DVC t-4's off www.woofersetc.com they are 209.99 a piece and they handle 450rms, great subs, very loud with awesome SQ.

Silver Member
Username: Dankman

Granger, Indiana United States

Post Number: 143
Or you could buy mine already ported, box built to the specs of the eclipse subs. check out the photos, got the subs back from warranty reconed and new voice coils, gonna sell them and not use them. http://www.sounddomain.com/memberpage/772119

Unregistered guest
I Have 2 10" earthquake tremors 8ohm subwoofers in a ported box bought as a set not sure of the rms rating though any ideas on a cheap amp for daily use to drive them hard.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us