Don't know what amp i need.

Username: Monkey_man

Post Number: 1
Okay, I've got 2 12" alpine type e's and i want to put them in a Honda accord 96. I really want them to bump! But, i have know idea what amp i need. This whole wiring and wattage thing has got me confused. I would like to stick with an alpine amp. cuz i got alpine subs and deck. What do you guys think? I was also thinking of putting in 2 10's as well with a seprate amp later in the year. does this change anything?

Silver Member
Username: Rhassler

Gilford, NH

Post Number: 146
yesss lol. normally people dont put different size subs in their vehicle. Those subs are 4 ohm each i believe. So you need an amp that putts 400 watts ish at 2 ohms if you wire the sub to amp parallel. The Alpine MRP-M350 puts 350 watts at 2 ohms, its pretty cheap too(165 ish). that amp would under power them a little but should work fine.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 379
whats the RMS rating on thoes subs??
alpine amps aren't really that great and the newer ones are worse.
i got a friend with 3 of thoes subs (10's) powered by a JL 500/1 and it doesn't sound too bad, pretty good subs for the money i say
i wouldn't mix 10's and 12's, you'll get a bunch of noise from cancellation and it just won't sound good.
as far as wanting to add 2 more later, you'll just need to plan ahead. you'll prob need to run 2AWG wire and split into 2 amps (4AWG) (1 for the 2 10's or 12's now and 1 for the later 2) and leave room in your design to do so.
check your electrical system once you find out what wattage you'r gonna be pushing.
also consider you might need to upgrade your mids and highs to keep up with the subs too.

Post Number: 2
well, i don't think i will be putting 10's in then. Possibly, upgrade to the type r's or add another 12" sometime soon. so what is a another suggestion for an amp if im gonna upgrade soon? Another is would these subs perform better in a ported box or an inclosed?
-thank you very much

Post Number: 3
o sorry the RMS for each sub is rated at 250 watts and 750 max.

Bronze Member
Username: Xtant1001

Post Number: 28
Selling mint condition XTANT 1001 amp retail $1200.00 but asking $600.00obo. Very good amp and puts out 1000watts. All boxed and ready to ship. email unan0@hotmail.com or call (425) 985-5415 if interested.

Upload
Upload
Upload

Post Number: 7
So if i get a 3rd sub, i would need an amp with 600/1 @ 2OHM's. Is that correct?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us