What type of amp should i buy?

BEISCHEL
Unregistered guest
i've got a clarion proaudio head-unit, some infinity perfects(about 97w RMS/) and some 62.5i's (about 75w rms/ i think) and a basslink self powered sub...i know i need a 4-channel, but i was wondering about brand and wattage? i do not want a high volume system, just a cleaner one

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7831
50 watts RMS x 4 channels @ 4 ohms should be plenty of power then.
companies.. depends on budget
Kicker
MTX
Directed
Orion
PPI (very nice amps)

those are a few to consider

BEISCHEL
Unregistered guest
i would like to be as economical as possible ($100 would be nice, but i could go higher)...is it good to keep amp/ head unit the same brand? or does it not matter? i know clarion has the CLarion APA450 which puts out 50W x4RMS for $85, or is there something better for the $$$?

Bronze Member
Username: Xtant1001

Post Number: 39
Xtant 1001 amp that im selling is one of the best. go to http://www.xtant.com/html/products/x1001.cfm for more info and spec. I"m selling mine in mint condition still in box ready to be shipped, asking $600.00 Obo plus shipping. call (425) 985-5415 or email unan0@hotmail.com

Upload
Upload
Upload

BEISCHEL
Unregistered guest
thanks for the offer, but as i stated, i need a 4-channel amp, and the most i want to spend on one is $200...does anyone know anything about the clarion amps??

Username: G3nocd3

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 4
Zapco is better. Well now that I think of it so is eclipse . But still Xtant is Sick as $#ck tho. Hella good amp. Even tho some amps are better $600 Buks for an x tant. Man if I had need for a new amp id buy it rite now :-) . good deal man.!!!!!

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 5
Clarion amps arent very good. I had a Clarion flip out dvd with a few clarion amps. I didnt liek it one bit. from 0-10 i give em a 2. Look for Kicker,mtx is ok, ummmm Profile california amps are good . Well for the money. I think profile is the best bang for low low cost. Ive had 8 profile amps when I built a budget car sterio for my buddy. They worked great!

BEISCHEL
Unregistered guest
i found a Kicker KX650.4 "
Renewed" on the internet for $230, is this a good deal? says it puts out 120W @ 4ohms, so it is perfect for me...please advise, anyone!

...also, if an amp says "fan-cooled" does that mean that i still have to have it in the open? reason being, i have a CR-V, and if you are familiar with them, there is a storage bay under the picnic table (yeah, i know, real non-heterosexual, but its factory) that would fit any amp. or will heat still be an issue??

Silver Member

San Jose, Ca USA

Post Number: 102
NO matter what amp period, you still need some sort of air flow above the amp. NO ways around it. Just cuz an amp has a fan dosent do anything at all if there it no airflow around the amp in the first place. You will be fine aslong as you make enough room around the amp. If there isnt you will hve to find a way. Its only 120 watts so it wont get that hot. Im just sayin heat kills electronics. The less the better.

BEISCHEL
Unregistered guest
sorry, that kicker was 120W/ 4-channels @4Ohm

BEISCHEL
Unregistered guest
120x4
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us