Comp CVR's(2005 model) good for budget?

Tom Tom
Unregistered guest
Is 2 12" comp cvr's going to be good for a budget of about 140$?? or is there going to be a RF/JL/Infinity i could get for the same price and be better

Anonymous

go w/ the older comp vr's...better subs and cheaper

95 mushroom
Unregistered guest
i have 2 15" 2004 comp VRs and they sound awesome with my Kicker KX1250.1

95 mushroom
Unregistered guest
i have 2 15" 2004 comp VRs and they sound awesome with my Kicker KX1250.1

Silver Member
Username: Lbeckner

Tulsa, Ok Usa

Post Number: 337
Those are great subs for the price.

Tom Tom
Unregistered guest
so the older models are better then the newer ones?? that dosen't make much sense, you get better technology in a year or 2/ shouldn't the sub souond better and louder!?

So old vs New

or any other ideas for round 140

Tom Tom
Unregistered guest
areTWO (2) of the comps cvr (Silver-2005 model) going to be better then one (1)of these?

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18803%26item%3D5770495070 %26

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 588
yeh two compvr's are will be louder than one alpine type r, depending on how you set it up. but they newer are better than the od ones. Not by much at all but if i remember correctly kicker says the upgraded the voice coils to the same kind they use on solobaircs, but dont quote that. I might be wrong.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3156
dude, get a 12 inch atlas, it will have much better sq, and better spl to, www.ascendantaudio.com but yea theolder ones are better, the new cones are made out of a new material that isnt durable. This is how i feel personally, and they look retarded, But i havehad cc guys (who know NOTHING) say that the new ones are better, I highly disagree

Tom Tom
Unregistered guest
so if i were to go with them, the older kickers are the ones to get?

i want 2 subs not just one, so any other ideas besides kicker?

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1250
single 12" orion HCCA...i'll sell you mine hahaha

Bronze Member
Username: Creative

Newark, CA USA

Post Number: 14
I have two Kicker Comp VR 12" and I regret getting them in the first place. I should have gotten two Infinity Kappa Perfects. 12.1D instead. The 12.1D in my opinion has so much better SQ then the VR's in like everyway and the SPL is not that behind the VR's.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3181
yea infinitys are hard to match sq lol

Tom Tom
Unregistered guest
but the inifinity's aren't in my budget... but arent the new kicker comp cvr's like 400w rms, n the older ones 150w rms?? and if you could find a website where i could get the comps because im still not positive what kind you guys are talkin about

Silver Member
Username: Ctx

Post Number: 124
Lets put it this way, if you put them in a good box, with the right power you WILL NOT regret buying them for the price, no matter what these people say. Ive heard many of these subs and there great for the price. btw from what ive heard there is no audible differnce in the new and old cvr's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us