Trying to achieve a carrying vibration

Ex-CON
Unregistered guest
Heya everyone, thanks again for helping me out with sounds. I fianlly got them and hooked them up. But Im kinda dissapointed a bit, dont get me wrong, they hit nice. But I was trying to get more of a vibration than send goose bumps up your spine. I mean like you all probably heard subs from a street that made your house vibrate a bit. I have two 12" Eclipse Ti's sw9122 hooked up in parallel/parallel into a Hifonics Brutus 1500D so that I get 1500w rms @ 1 ohm. Those subs are hitting 750 watts rms each. is there a way to tune the amp for that. The subs are in a sealed box that has 1.25 cuft per chamber. I think my gain or volts are set to 6.5volts cause thats how much my Premier DEH-P8MP HU puts out. I think my HZ or low pass is set to like 150~200. This is in a Scion TC with a funky trunk. Please, can anyone advise me how to tune up the sounds so that when I play my subs I see some stuff in my home vibrate. Thank you all for any help.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 370
Try setting your low pass to at highest 80hz. You're getting a lot of midrange in your sub, so that's probably taking up some power.
Also, set your high pass to like 15 or 20hz. You're really wasting any power below that becuase you can't hear it anyway.
Try lowering your low pass even more to get even more of the vibrating, super low bass.

Ex-CON
Unregistered guest
I dont think my amp has a dial for high pass. Or is this something you do in the radio?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3144
your subs are supposed to get like 2.10 cubic feet after displacement in a sealed box, you need to get a bigger box

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 373
High Pass = Subsonic Filter

Ex-CON
Unregistered guest
I dont think a bigger box will fit in my car ;(

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3163
your giong to need a bigger box

Gold Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 1057
You don't need a highpass(subsonic) filter with a sealed enclosure, but a larger, ported box definitely would increase output.

Its always a very good idea to go with a manufacturer's minimum recommended airpsace. An insufficiently sized enclosure can result in peaky upper bass output(read lack of low end response) which may very well sound like @$$. You've probably dropped a good chunk of change on those subs. Put em in the right box. Heck, if you're severly limited on space just one in the correct enclosure will sound a whole lot better. If you go ported it might even have as much output as the two you have now.

-Fishy

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1248
i'm gonna agree with fishy on this one...

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1249
also, may i suggest downfiring?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3183
actually, downfiring might work well
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums