The best audiobahn system

Anonymous

I am looking to buy 2 12" speakers and an amp.
I would like it to be a hard loud bass that rattles my trunk and that you can here from a block away.I really do not care about sound quality. For now i just want hard hitting bass.
On e-bay i see a cheap brand called audiobahn and thats what i am interested in. Could anybody give me some ideas of what 2 12" i should get and what amp to power them. looking to spend about 300.00-400.00 to see what they would sound like. thank you.

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 107
are you talking about 300-400 on sub and apm? or just on SUB?

Bronze Member
Username: Opie_har

Somewhere, One of them USA

Post Number: 64
I have one aw1208t sub with an audiobahn a2200hct amp and it gets really loud. I think that it sounds pretty good too.

Bronze Member
Username: Thumper

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 66
1208's arent bad, they are louder than the eternals. If you really want, to spend only 400$ then im going to tell you what i did. My first sytem was only about 450-500$. Now, if you dont have an ebay account, get one, this is the only way to get an alright system, and spend that much. By the AW1251T or AW1251SE (there is no difference, one is SPECIAL EDITION, and the other is the same thing, just without the words special in it). By a sealed box, or make one (its not hard, i did it my first time and it sounded great). Then by the MTX MXA6001D. Trust me this amp will do fine, because even though those subs say 400 rms watts, the mtx running two of those subs started to burn and clip the hell out of em. Luckily i didnt damage em. Then buy you an amp kit. I used 4 guage, which i didnt need it but, now that im upgrading my system, its becoming very useful. And there you go. Your pumping a supposedly 800 watts rms total and it sounds decent.

OR
get the AW12CT's and the MTX MXA8001D for just a little bit more. You dont have to use MTX, ive just had good experiences with em.

Just look on ebay. Choose your amp first, and then match it with your subs. Just dont do anything stupid with linear, or pyramid. I know they rate there stuff higher than it is, but its crap. I dont mean to offend anyone if they do like that brand, soo ill stop here.

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 193
audiobahn is overrated, the only reason anyone buys their stuff is cuz the looks. if your going to spend 300-400 on loud subs, it doesnt get much louder than a 15" L5 or even MTX. wait what am i sayin, if your going to spend that money buy 1 15" Avalanche, youll be heard.

Bronze Member
Username: Thumper

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 67
i was very PO to find out that the immortals are for Competion SPL only (High Frequencies) The Subs have actually reach up to 20,000 watts of "PURE" power in higher frequencies. Now dont blow smoke up my *ss, im just telling you what the audiobahn site said. Maybe ill sell those and go with the 1208T or the Eternals.

Username: Lotus

Post Number: 7
I got 2 1200q's because i'm poor as hell, but I only paid 60$/piece for them... good deal if you ask me

Bronze Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 88
the worst sounding crap i ever heard was a eternal sub in a sealed enclosure on a pmiller bazooka 1500 watt amp... jesus christ why buy audio blah.. it sucks really its just like sony.. dude.. i would go with sony 12's before i would buy anything from audioblah... you know what... i bet 50 dollars two sony 12s in a bandpass box can out do any pos audio bahn crap out there... and thats saying a lot because sony sucks the biggest monkey ballzz on earth.. but hey if it sucks that bad just imagine how bad the audiobahn sounds... oh and i had two dubs because my wife liked them in her truck.. worse sounding sh it ever.. stay away from audio bahn.. oh and they tried that audio bahn eternal in a ported first then went to sealed because the bahn sounded even worse ported... even built to specs.. i was shocked... oh well buy a avalanche or a atlas... stay away from audiocrap i mean audiobahn. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 248
i put a friend of mines eternal up against a 7hp troybilt mower in a sq competition and it was close the the troybilt won

weezie
Unregistered guest
NEED HELP
I have a rockford 6001 and 2 alum12q in a sealed box. what should i do make to it sound the loudest it can. i listen to rap. should i try and make a better smaller sealed box or just buy one ported, or what. how big should the box be. just trying to find out some info. appreciate the help

Username: Nismoz33

Cincinnati, OH USA

Post Number: 2
guys, I have ran Audiobahn and still do...it fits my budget and sounds decent and looks nice...

my first system was:
2x ALUM12Q subs 1000watss RMS each
1x A18001DQ mono amp 1800 watts @ 1 ohm RMS

It hit hard and cost my $500 between everything and installation. You can probably get it all cheaper now because I bought that setup 2 years ago and bought it on ebay of course:-)....

That will hit hard...sound decent...and looks good. I ran the subs in a sealed enclosure by the way...

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2680
if you thought that sounded decent I would love to see your face when you heard a Truely decent sub with good SQ.

Username: Nismoz33

Cincinnati, OH USA

Post Number: 3
well I am looking into a full Eclipse system. Components, subs, amps, Head Unit, etc....or maybe JL....are those two brand pretty decent? What are the top brands for sound quality?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3153
yea but jl doesnt make hu, thats theonly problem, Eclipse makes everything, and will be cheaper

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3809
Top Brands for SQ include Eclipse and JL, but aren't limited for them.

For component speakers, look into Dynaudio, Rainbow, Focal, CDT, DLS, MB Quart, Morel, JL Audio, Eclipse, Diamond Audio, Adire Audio, Resonant Engineering, and the list goes on and on :-)

For amplifiers, look into Zapco, Arc Audio, US Amps, TRU, if you want to go looking on Ebay then PPI and Orion made great stuff back in the day. JL and Eclipse also have great amps.

For Subs, look into Adire Audio, Image Dynamics, JL Audio, Resonant Engineering, Eclipse, Diamond, most of the manufacturers listed above make subs, and those that do make great ones.

Head units, Alpine, Eclipse, Pioneer Premier, and Clarion ProAudio lines are all great.

This list isn't inclusive to only the brands listed above, either, there is a lot to choose from out there and those are just some I thought of off the top of my head.

Audiobahn isn't renowned for SQ, but if it makes you feel any better Nick, the Alum Q's aren't that bad, especially compared with their other stuff. Still not top tier SQ IMO, but not bad for the money.

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 55
"Audiobahn isn't renowned for SQ, but if it makes you feel any better Nick, the Alum Q's aren't that bad, especially compared with their other stuff. Still not top tier SQ IMO, but not bad for the money."

Thank you Johnathan, I get so frustrated reading all the hate posts about Audiobahn, its nice to see some insightfull words once in awhile.
I agree, alum's are fairly accurate woofers with a broad range extending well into lower fz's. A nice ballance between motor strength, suspension travel, and x max. The aluminum cone and former lend to a somewhat crisp and clean overall sound.
I'm very pleased with all of Audiobahn's higher end models, with the exception of some needed attention to thier Q.C.
As far as the SPL side they do perform well, and for the kid on a budget they sound great.
It's really to bad they make such low end models, I think this may be the root of all thee Audiobahn bashing, that stuff really is crap lol.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3811
I think if they had a narrower product line they'd have a better reputation, due to both the extra effort that could be (but not guaranteed to be) put into Q.C., and possibly better engineering efforts, especially in the entry level stuff.

Gold Member

GA USA

Post Number: 3812
Plus the fact that they have so many entry level or low buck subs that they'd have to have 5 or 6 top end lines to balance it out.

Bronze Member
Username: Balls573

Winona, Missouri U.S

Post Number: 31
In my opinion audiobahn is crap. It is cheap overrated pawn shop crap on a stick. I watched a guy fry a amp hooked up to his immortals at a comp and he didnt even do anyhting. He was just getting it metered and it stopped working and when he opened the doors smoke went everywhere.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us