What sub or subs should I buy for my next project.

Bronze Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 17
I'm sick of my current sub and want to try something new.
I want a 1 12" or 15" sub setup or maybe 2 10" or 2 12" sub setup. But I have 1000watts to run to it. I want mostly spl but some sq also. price range is around $600. Which subs should I get. I'm debating about the 2IDMAX or 2 JL W6v2. Or maybe just an Avalanche or Triple X.
Any suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: Tragedy

San Jose, CA

Post Number: 216
1000watts wouldnt nearly be enough for 2 IDMAX. It would work but not to there full potential. The 3x i wouldnt even bother. The W6 might be an option i dont know there power rating. But the avalanche 15" seems like the best bet. Sealed enclosure 2-2.5cuft should work best.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 571
what are teh specs for that amp.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 369
If you want mostly SPL, I'd consider possibly the MT (SPL oriented) or X.X.X (SQL), or maybe some of the Eclipse subs.
If you're looking for SPL, I wouldn't really be looking at an IDMAX.
Also, remember the bigger the sub you get, the more volume you're getting out of it.
If you want a higher end sub like an X.X.X, you may need to invest in a bigger amp on top of your sub.
Good luck with everything.

Bronze Member
Username: Skyliner17

Saint Paul, MN United States

Post Number: 18
my amp at the moment is the jl audio 1000/1. I guess maybe the avalanche is my best bet.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3102
no dont get an mt, you need at least 2500 watts rms to get one of those going well. I would get a 15 ti lol, or maybe a 15 sx or ava

Silver Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 101
If you have a 1000/1 you should get a ava there only 300$.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us