Username: Veilside2774

Middleton, Mass America

Post Number: 23
What have you boys heard about this company, are these amps legit

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2119
No, don't buy. Cheap knock-off of Sound Stream.

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7779
soundstorm is total crap.
ripoff company trying to fool people into believing they are "soundstream."

Bronze Member
Username: Veilside2774

Middleton, Mass America

Post Number: 24
just a cheap "Ish" amp, are they quality or wannabes

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 505
The F7002 will do a real 900 rms at 2ohm mono all day long, yes it is a knock off brand but the F model line from this company is pretty dang reliable, cheap, and loud too.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2128
Really, where'd you get that information from?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2593
A knock off company will rarely produce a quality amp that will "play all day long", especially @ 2ohms. If by some miracle, it did, it will probably contain very high distortion/clipping.

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2132
Could you fry eggs on the heatsink as well?

"cheap, and loud too"

- I found one online for like 150 bucks, a 1400 watt max amp for $150? WAYYYYYY to good to be true.

- You can make anything loud. You could probably break the world spl record with all sony if you really wanted to. You still wouldn't have proved anything after it was done though.

Silver Member
Username: Zacdavis~

Post Number: 506
ok, that last remark Joe was just stupid so I wont bother replying to it

As far as the 150 for 1400 watts, yes, it is true.

And for the record this information isnt second hand, it is from hands on experience. There is a local flea market in town here that sells this crap and many customers have brought them to me to install. Much to my surprise the things do very well. And as far as the remark "all day long", well a few of these customers do nothing all day but drive around with thier stereo turned wide open, and only once or twice have i heard of them going into temporary thermal protect on really hot days last summer.
I dont sell this brand, but from what i've seen first hand they are reliable. The output is comparable to many high quality amps rated around 1000 watts. Like I said, I dont sell this "off brand thats scamming from another companies name" but I will always tell it like I see it. For the money you CAN NOT go wrong. I know!, I hate saying it, but its true.
Many of the "off brand" companies these days are making amps that fair the weather quite well, as amplifier technology becomes more readily available so does thier ability to build good amps, however build quality and components may suffer but all in all some of these guys are offering really good amps at unbelievable prices.

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 51
Ok its killin me, why did you say "if someone broke the world record with sony it still wouldnt have proved anything"?
In my opinion that would be proving alot!

Gold Member

Post Number: 2599
Zac Davis, the statement "if someone broke the world record with sony it still wouldnt have proved anything" was a joke. You know Sony will NEVER make anything that will break any audio records.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1614
i can say i owned one of sound storms amp absolute junk........a 350.2 i believe it was their second largest at the tine was overated power and amp shut down on me an as little as 20 min and i got the shop i bought it at to replace it and the second amp did the same.....so to me they are junk with a 5 yr warranty

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 53
Sean, the 3502 is the second smallest amp in that line, it's rated at 350 watts mono. It isn't a very large amp, and yes that particular model will not run 2 ohm mono, it will shut off.
I know you are like me, you need to see and hear something in person to believe it, anything else is just talk. So with that in mind, remember i've ran about 6 or so of these amps and if i'm impressed with them i'm sure would've been too :-) , especially at such a cheap price. l8a bro

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2135
I'm confused, why are there two zac davis's?

Gold Member

Post Number: 2615
Good question, maybe twins?

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2138
I think it's the same person.

Silver Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 194
Joe Smoe "Could you fry eggs on the heatsink as well?"

Haha, you are going to laugh at me for even mensioning sumthing so hidious, but my buddies stupid sony amp got SOO hot that he built his own heat sink, and it was like, a WOK cut up and put there and the bottom of the wok was still there, He showed me how hot it was by cookin an egg on it........ Now how awsome is that, stuck in the middle of knowhere with some groceries and ur girl, turn on the tunes and cook sum food! : D LOL!

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2629
lol thats some funny SH!T

Gold Member

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2139
I really have heard of people frying eggs on amps before... lol

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1623
i no for sure i could have on a jensen amp I owned before but i gotta give it credit the thing just wouldnt shut down lol

Gold Member

Post Number: 2637
Unlike Sony, Jensen amps were more durable. I tried all kinds of experiments and it kept on ticking.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us