Is this possible?

Silver Member
Username: Tdeaton1021

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 267
is it possible if you burn the same files on 2 cds and burn one in the regular cd format and one in mp3 format that they could sound different?
i havent really experimented with it. i usually make my cds in regular format but i made a lil flip mix CD in mp3 but it didnt seem as loud. i think it might just be because lil flip songs are usually pointed towards bass and i only have highs right now but im not sure i havent tryed it with 2 identical tracks.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 679
I have always heard that since MP3's are basicly condenced files...they will not be as clean as a WAV files.

Its kinda like writing something in 12 font and then writting it is 4 font. Just think about it, which one would be clearer and easier to read.

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 268
yeah ive thought the same think but i think jonathan or glass knows everything about mp3 format and wav format(as they know everything about everything lol) and i thought once i read that there is no difference in sound quality or anything... maybe i should make this post to jonathan and/or glass

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2595
I believe the best quality you can get in wav is 190kb and the best you can get in MP3 is 128kb. Normal CD's are typically done in atleast 190 unless they are bootlegged or old Bob Marley recordings which are done in like 96kb lol!

Silver Member

Near Tampa, Florida USA

Post Number: 272
hmm so i guess you do loose sound quality then?... darn i hate when i run out of room on a cd after only like 16-18 songs

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2599
yeah I hear ya

Username: Shocksyde

Post Number: 3
mp3 files are compressed, so they will NEVER sound as good as a CD quality recording.

Same goes for converting mp3s to wav files for a cd. Converting a file from a compressed format to a less compressed format will not make it sound any better.

i just dont care and have my car hooked up with an ipod. I'll take the quality hit in order to have the convenience of 5,000 songs at my fingertips.

There are file formats such as FLAC (fully lossless audio codec) that do not lose quality, but the files are around 40MB each, compared to 3-5mb for MP3's.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us