Which one would you pick?

Username: Drpthemc

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 2
hey i need some suggestions on which sub to get... hmm i was just looking around for some cheap 12's and i found these please tell me which one you guys suggest...
1. Lanzar HRWDC12 12" Dual Voice Coil Subwoofer
2. Alpine Type-R 1242D 12"
3. Lanzar OPTI1232D 12" Subwoofer

which one would be my best pick...

if you guys have any other subwoofer suggestions around that price please let me know .... btw i found those at etronics.com seemed like they were cheap... but yea let me know... thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2583
out of those three I would deffinetly go Alpine
also look into cerwin vega v-max,Image Dynamics IDQ, Ascendant Audio Atlas,Resonant engineering RE & SX lines, those are all very good subs as well

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 454
the type R will eat the the other 2 alive. Do you have an amp to run a sub?

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Im only going to respond with this, stop now while your ahead and still have your money.

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 3
if i had the money i would get something better... heh no doubt... but yea man thanks for all of you guys' opinions ... and BassManMike i have an amp... but im not sure if it is good enough or whatever... i have a boss audio rip-d3 monoblock amp... i have 2 of them... dont ask why i have 2 heh, i just do... but yea... will that amp work fine for those subs? (alpine type-r)... i know its not the best ;)... but yea... thats all i have to work with... :D

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2586
there are a lot worse subs then the Alpine type R. Are you getting a really good deal on them ? I ask this because the Atlas from Ascendant Audio is around the same price but would walk all over the type r in SPL and SQ. I would look for a new amp though! sell both of those and but one good one.

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 4
hmm... hey james longo... which atlas from ascendant audio 12' model is better, and what is the lowest price for those?...

err about selling the amps... im too freaking lazy... and i dont know ebay that well... =\... but if i did sell the amps how much do u think i could get for both of them... and which would you recommend... (btw im not trying to spend hella $$$) just need some subs that will sound good with that amp heh thanks

oh yah i was wondering what is the difference between the TYPE-R 1222D... TYPE-R 1242D... TYPE-R 1221D... they are all 12's and ionno... confuses me... im guessing one of them is better then the others.. o.O help!..

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3028
hey the tye r

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2589
Atlas costs $145 The difference between those alpine model #'s are the voice coil configurations one is dual 2ohm and one is dual 4ohm. as far as how much could you get for those amps I have no idea try to sell them to some sucker for $100 each.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 235
1222D - 2005 model dvc 2 ohm
1242D - 2005 model dvc 4 ohm
1221D - 2002-4 model dvc 2 ohm
1241D - 2002-4 model dvc 4 ohm

"hmm... hey james longo... which atlas from ascendant audio 12' model is better, and what is the lowest price for those?..."

i assume u mean the atlas vs the avalanche? the avalanche is a better sub

Atlanta, GA USA

Post Number: 5
hey James Longo and everony else... on the ascendantaudio website it says to wire the 12" atlas a certain way... or something like that... what would happend if you didnt wire them the way they tell you to do it? err im not sure about that =\... and dang.. its $145.. err... is it worth getting it, and also getting it professionally installed? (will they know what to do with that speaker?)... whats your best advice... =\... i dunno what to do... type-r for cheaper or atlas for a little more... =\ geez..

i gotta question on the DVC 2ohm type-r and the DVC 4ohm type-r... i was wondering what is the difference?... i mean i know what it means but.. im not really sure on which is better *help!*

Bronze Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 73
okay 4 ohm dvc is gonna give you a 2ohm load or a 8 ohm and a 2 ohm dvc is gonna give you a .5 ohm load or a 4 ohm load. for those boss amps i would go with the dvc 4 ohm or your gonna be unhappy.. and i have owned a rip 696 they suck but the 3000d is a lot better... just watch for the red line they seem to clip badly when you get them over the +2.. oh well. i would get the atlas or avalanche's. from what i am hearing they are nice. (oh hey are you running a amp to each sub or did you buy the other one for another car or just for the heck of it?)

Bronze Member
Username: Disturbedpriest

Post Number: 74
is it .5 or 1 ohm.. my sub read .5 on the ohm meter but it cant be right.. hey someone clear that up for me on the dvc 2 ohm subs. mine is a diamond audio tdx i wanna make sure i dont mess up that kids wiring..

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 241
the atlas is a single 4 ohm coil with a smaller 2 ohm used to change the "qts". you dont jump the voice coils together u wire the smaller coil indicated by gold terminals seperately either. low qts is jumped between + and - mid has a 1.5ohm resistor between it and high is left open (nothing connecting them). if u decide to order one call them an ask for chad he will tell u what u want to know
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us