Box size questions

Bronze Member
Username: Sevin7

Post Number: 44
i have 2 rockford fosgate P310D2's. I want to use a sealed box becuase i want better sound quality. RF reccomends .65 cubic feet per a sub, but each of my subs is only receiving 200rms. If i were to use a box that is 1.2 cubic feet per a sub would it sound better since they are not full powered? or should i stay as close to .65 as possible?

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
smaller box will give more response, I belive that about 90%, a bigger box would either sound deeper or hollow.
It depends, I know bestbuy sells .88 and 1.25 cuft box's, but some say make your own, and if your like me in an appartment with no power tools and no garage, then just buy a box from them, not a ported or bandpass one either.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
smaller box will give more response, I belive that about 90%, a bigger box would either sound deeper or hollow.
It depends, I know bestbuy sells .88 and 1.25 cuft box's, but some say make your own, and if your like me in an appartment with no power tools and no garage, then just buy a box from them, not a ported or bandpass one either.

I would add 1lb of "polyfil" per cuft per chamber your box is. you can buy this cheap at walmart in the sewing/crafts area

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest

I would add 1lb of "polyfil" per cuft per chamber your box is. you can buy this cheap at walmart in the sewing/crafts area

Bronze Member

Post Number: 46
i found one on ebay for 2 10's thats only $50 shipped, and .8 cubic feet per a chamber, i'd say thats close enuff? I can build my own but i'd be spending about $25 on wood/carpet/connectors, so its not worth the trouble.

ThatGuyYouKnow
Unregistered guest
Yha i think thats good enoff, dont forget to goto wal*mart could be the best >7$ you ever spent on car audio, I think polyfil was my best investment costing $7, 2lbs of polfil.

Sorry about the uhh triple posting, One time it said try again or sumthing and one time it was hanging for 2-3 min...

Bronze Member

Post Number: 48
what is polyfill?

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 171
ive heard polifill is not worth the trouble. it give the feel that the box is 10% larger than it really is but does not make that big of a difference.

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 139
well here's my thing. for 7$ it's not gonna be a waist. get the polyfill. i'm builidng my box tomarrow, and i will have polyfil, or fiberglass resin in it.

goon

Unregistered guest
What would be the best box setup for 2 audiobahn alum12q and a rockford 6001. I have a 99 buick century. I want them to be as loud as possible. Can anyone help me.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3029
ported tuned high, find out your cars peak frequency and tune right below it

Unregistered guest
should i try and make one or just buy one. how big should the box be. where can i find the peak frequency. just trying to find out some info. appreciate the help

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 3065
weezie, buy one or somen, but with that power i would make it somewhere from1.0-1.5 cubic feet after displacement, the bigger the box the less power you need. also, dont use polyfill unless the box is at least 1.0 cubic feet.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us