Atlas experts

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 164
i am having the worst time getting email responses from ascendantaudio. so maybe you guys could answer the question. first i have a rockford fosgate 160.2 punch amp, 160rms@4ohm. will this amp push the sub good, i dont want to buy another amp unless it would make a big difference. should i go with a ported and tuned box or a sealed one? also do you guys know how much they charge for shipping? i live in montana and the factory is in Illinois. thanks

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 168
im pretty sure my amp will push the Altas fine. should i go with a ported or sealed box and what size? thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 488
yeah. it'll be ok, could get louder, but should work. chad, the owner/designer, said his brother runs an atlas with 150 watts and it sounds good. ported will probably work best.

you best bet will be just to call them. i've called numerous times and if chad doesnt answer the phone, that dude dale will take a message and chad will call you back within like 10 minutes every time. he'll let you know what size box to run and whether ported or sealed will work best. it's nice being able to get box recommendations from the guy who designed the sub.

shipping is cheap. one atlas 12 was $14 shipping to me in north florida.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 448
are those subs DVC 2+2 ohm? if it is you can wire it in parallel for 320 watts.

Silver Member
Username: Solacedagony

New Jersey US

Post Number: 361
I believe the Atlas' are actually SVC, but it has that 2nd smaller set of jacks for setting up your sub Q.
It's the complicated sub ;)
http://www.ascendantaudio.com/Atlas%20standard%20wiring.htm

There's the link for that thing I was talking about.

Silver Member

New Jersey US

Post Number: 362
Actually, they're not a different size, they're just colored differently. Check out the link on it.

Also, the bigger the box, the less power you'll need to max out your sub.
Calling usually yields better, and quicker, results then emailing does. :-)

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 451
yeah thats what i was confused of whether that was for Q only or also for hooking up DVC.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2114
"Actually, they're not a different size, they're just colored differently. Check out the link on it."

No their not the same size. The Atlas is generally considered an svc 4 ohm sub. The second, 2 ohm voice coil is only used to adjust the qts. You can either leave it opened, just run plain speaker wire and close the coil, or run resisters.

Silver Member

New Jersey US

Post Number: 367
Oh no, I was referring to the jacks, not the VCs, I know the Q VC is smaller.

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 489
"...or run resisters"

exactly. install a potentiometer in your dash, hook it up to the second voice coil, and adjust the Qts of the fly ;) that automatically makes it the coolest sub in town :-)

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 490
"...of the fly"

oops. i meant "on the fly"
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us