Hpf question

Bronze Member
Username: Thenoose

Post Number: 50
is it beter to have the hpf set at 50 hz on ur head unit or to have it turned off completely? also this is a dumb question but i have my sub behind my seat in a extended cab ranger it sounds great with the windows down but how come when you play the sub with the doors open it sounds like crap like its distorting or something thanks guys

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7747
a: high pass, for the components, set it to 80Hz or 120Hz. let the sub handle about 80Hz down.
b: when you open the door or window of teh truck, you're changing the air volume of the cabin, which is like changing the volume of the enclosure to the sub (both inside and outside of the box are considered applicable air volumes to the sub since the sub moves equally in both directions)

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2546
What kind of system/subs do you have? Mine sounds good with windows/doors opened/closed.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 51
i have a pioneer deck i have 6 infinity kappa perfect speakers 2 sets of 6x8s 1 set of 6x9s they are being ran by a 5 channel mtx thunder amplifier then i have my alpine type r 12 2005 model being ran by a a8000t audiobahn amp

Bronze Member

Post Number: 52
woot

Silver Member
Username: Goon

Post Number: 132
glass, i'm kinda new. but when you say let the subs handle about 80hz down, this is where the low pass comes into play, correct?

goon

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2559
Yes, set the LPF to 80Hz. Anything above that will get filtered out.
Why do you have 6 Infinity speakers? 6x8/6x9s aren't that great for sound quality. 6.5" are best for that.
Is your sub ported or sealed? You should be getting decent sound out of type r 12.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us