Thoughts on this system?

Username: Future

Pompano beach, Florida U.S.A.

Post Number: 1
I'm relatively new to all of todays fancy bells and whistles in the car audio department, found this place and figured I'd ask what some of you thought of the set up I'm doing..

To start, this system is in a Bronco II.
I've got a Sony Xplod headunit cdx-m8815x, 1 1200w 4channel Xplod amp for the moment. This was pusing 2 12" fozgates, but I kind of blew one out. That's fine though they were old.

I'm going to be installing the following 2 12" Xplod subs, 2 6x9" xplod's and 2 5" xplod's.

Now am I going to want more power? More subs? (if yes on the subs, I have 4 10" zeuz that I have ready for an install as well)

Guess I'm looking more for ideas and your knowledge on what I should do next.

Page 1 and 4 here are of the system so far as it progresses from the old to the new.. http://www.cardomain.com/memberpage/665552

Silver Member
Username: Importrapist

Savannah, GA U.S.A

Post Number: 175
Im gonna be nice, because at first i was gonna be a huge smart@ss. Sony SUX, bottom of the totem pole products. If you want a system for not much money.You have audiobahn, Kicker, Rockford Fosgate etc...do some homework. If you want high quilty, you have JL audio, Eclipse etc...you just need to study up, and read some reviews on products.STAY AWAY FROM SONY,BOSS,PYLE,LOGIC,LANZAR,DUAL, and brands such as thos.

Silver Member
Username: Rob315

Cuse, NY U.S.

Post Number: 444
there is also alpine type r's..they sound very good for the price.

Post Number: 2
Really? I always heard good things about Sony audio, I even did some research on different subs, and figured out Audiobahn wasn't worth my money unless i wanted a neat looking design. What is so bad about Sony? (yes I am serious, I dont know about this stuff)

I was thinking about getting alpine subs, but the wife wanted the whole system to match up. It doesn't bother me much. I'm not going to use it in a competitive range, i mainly listen to either rock or easy listening, but i do like to piss off a neighbor or two on occasion.

Silver Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 181
Alright. Sounds like a good plan. The only problem is your equiptment. Sony products are highly(let me stress) over rated. Ill help you understand where i am comping from. Their amp in canada(300$) says 2400 watts. Its continuous power(RMS) is only about 400ish. Do not be lead on by big numbers. Alot of people(including my best freind) decided to go with sony because they are a leading electonics company in the world. Sony's audio equiptment(besides their Head Units/decks) usually burn out pretty fast. My buddys amp caught fire and he said even after light use it was almost to hot to touch. Not Safe.. If you want a good/better setup for a good price, tell me what your spending allowance is and we can see what we can do to help you :-)

Silver Member

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 182
If you are looking to purchase stuff only from a store nearby, from the internet, or shipping halfway across the world, or all. Tell me :P

Silver Member

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 183
If you are willing to buy off of the internet or shipped from america to canada if that is the case. Let me know

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2097
If your wife wants a full matching system, then Alpine or Eclipse is the only way to go.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2938
ECLIPSE!!!! WOOOOOOOO, but dan, everyone hear including me KNOWS sony is a horrible brand and to stray away from them, that being said, if u are STUCK on getting sony's make sure u get a very nice install, install makes all the difference, also, if ur going to stick with all sony products, DO NOT GET THERE AMP, there 1600 watt amp was government teste4d at like 540 watts. They are not power rated products they pay someone to slap big numbers on there, its horrible, there subs sound like p00p but cna get LOUD, i would highyl suggest gonig with a differenct brand, what is your budget, and are u ok buying onlnie, cause if u want all 1 brand, 3 brands to go with ECLIPSE of course the best out, Alpine, or possibly Kenwood, any of the mentioned are FAR superiour to sony.

This being said by sony's biggest fan on this site lol

Post Number: 3
unfortunately I found this site after the purchases. so the things I listed, I already have (the wife bought them already) She was smart enough to get extended warantes on everything though. I think we have a total of 2 or 3 years fix/replacement on EVERYTHING now so thats all good. The speakers were bought new off e-bay for maybe a total of $200, the amp and headunit were storebought for about $600 including the extended warantes.

I've got my son-in-law doing the install, so it's pretty much good to go since he's an ASE electrical mechanic. so that's covered as well.

I do plan on getting another amp to push the Zeuz comp's, and I was thinking about either an infinity or alpine, but that won't be for at least another 2-3 months.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2942
well just becuase he is an electical mechanic doest mean hes going to be able to figure nice slot ports or sealed enclosure to go welll with the amp and the reccomeneded poweres

Post Number: 4
I meant the electrical wiring portion. Sorry for the misdirection on that.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2957
yea that will be cake, but the enclosure is what you relaly need to do well for those subs, cause they arent great unless u have a good enclosure for them lol, 141 on termlab with em lol

Silver Member

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 191
Yea. Listen here is somthing my freind came up doing. He ended up getting sony for his bday, rents thought they were good, but then again, hes not going to impress etc. He got ext warrenties. now the problem that places have with an ext warrent is because of people lik me :-). Play it smart and after a year, purposly blow all you speakers etc and bring them back and returned for new ones. I had a "blow your speaker you get another over the counter new deal" so i blew all my infinity kappas and got brand new ones, newer version and i was laughin once again :-)

Silver Member

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 192
places love when you do that haha :D

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2103
Unless you try that retarted stunt only to find out that your warrenty doesn't cover burned voice-coils, which almost no warrenties ever cover.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2985
haha why not, its not like i wouled ever do that
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us