Maybe?

Bronze Member
Username: Thumper

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 39
Ok, ive went to 5 different audio stores and had completly different estimates for an enclosure. I was thinking about inverting the subwoofers so i can build the box to 2.3 cb ft instead of 2.8-3.0. But i need slotted ports and it needs to be fancy.....and has to be able to fit in the car, and have two slots for the two amps, and an area for the cap, otherwise i will have completely lost the trunk. IF you guys know of a website that will build high quality fully costomizable boxes, lemme know. I dont think anyone here will be up to building this box on their own. No Offense Subfantic ;)

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2910
haha i would gladly be up to it if you could draw it up and give me complete schematics of how you want it to be,ill send you the box with the baffle off so you can mount the subs in inverted and then have overhanging carpet you can just glue down to make it look nice haha!

But sorry i dont know any pleaces like that lol

Bronze Member

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 40
see, i dont know how to design a slot ported box, let alone build one. I think im going to get someone to build a MDF/Fiberglass box, that way they can get more volume. Do you know how to build Fiberglass boxes, with slotted ports? cause then we can talk, but i wouldnt know how to draw it out. I coule give you the specs, and stuff, but thats about it. I would probably need someone to do a mold of my girlfriends trunk too though. That way it goes with the car.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2911
yea, i can do slot ported stuff and with seans help i can even do interchangable ports, and i know how to fiberglass and do stuff like that but i wouldnt want the chance of it not fitting, but if u wanted me to, if u took a fiberglass layout of her trunk and sent it to me i could work with that if u understand what i maen

Bronze Member

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 41
What do i have to do to make a molding of her trunk. Isnt there somewhere online where i could get trunk dimensions?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2915
you could, but if u wanted somen like this, well first off, what kind of car is it lol, but besides that what you would need to do is tape off alllll the area you are going to use with fibergalss, make sure it is totally clean and totallly taped off, and then u have your fiberglass little mixture composit thingy and apply it everywhere so i can built up from there

Bronze Member

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 44
Its a 95 honda civic sedan, with a nice trunk space (better than i thought). I just dont see these subs in a nice enclosure with out spending over 500$. The guy at audio one told me, since im already going to spend a lot of money on the subs-amps, accessories-and wires that i should just go ahead and spend a lot of money on an enclosure. True but i could see the subs inverted on a nice fiberglass box. Maybe i should just get them to do a whole custom layout. At least that way there will be a place for the amps, and capacitor and they can even hook it all up for me too. I think the enclosure of any custom system is the most nerve wrecking, back twisting, horror story of all. But it all comes out nicely.,...

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2951
yea have them do it, that would be NICE, but install is EVERYTHING, 80 percent install 20 percent equip

Bronze Member

Richmond, VA U.S.A

Post Number: 47
i hear you there. I just took out my old system yesterday, and before i tore it all out, i wanted to hook up my old amp, and i blew it. Apparently somewhere down the line it was wet, and when i tried to hook the positive to the amp and the ground to the amp, the enitire thing caught on fire. I was very dissapointed cause i was going to sell that amp. I think the amp got wet, or there was something wrong with the way i ran the wires through the car. I dont know.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us