What to do?????

Username: Skurry

Wichita, Ks.

Post Number: 5
Ok so I have narrowed down my search to a 15" RE xxx or a AA 15" ava, now tell me what am I going to see better spl and sq with. Both of these subs seem to be at the top, and what kind of box should I go with? Is ported recommended or sealed?
Also what kind of amp would be best with either of these subs? I know with the RE I would need a larger amp meaning more costly and heat would be a factor, when the ava may not be as costly. I am a big fan of subwoofers and have been for a while but since I have been on ecoustics I have been in the dark LOL. You guys have to help me.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2543
well if you want to try and stick with your current alternator without having to upgrade you should get the Avalanche because when pushing 1100-1400 watts you pretty much have no choice but when pushing 500-600 with the avalanche you might be able to get away with it. They will sound very similiar when both powered optimally in their proper enclosures.

Username: Skurry

Wichita, Ks.

Post Number: 6
Ok I was wondering if I would need a new alternator with the RE. I have been on the ascendent audio site and couldnt find specs for a ported inclosure? Is the Avalanche better in a ported or sealed inclosure? What about a amp, whats a good amp for the avalanche? Also you guys talk about tuning a lot, what is this and whats the advantages? I plan on building a box, thats why I have so many questions LOL.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us