How are the Kicker 10" Cvr's for sq?

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 126
i am thinking about getting 2 10" subs instead of 1 12" since i am more into sq and listen to some rock. how are the kicker 10" cvr's? i have read good things about them. what other 10" subs are good and could be bought for under$200 (two of them)?

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 552
yeh kciker cvr's rock. I love those subs. I like the older ones better because the new ones look kind of like weird, although i heard they beefed up the voice coils a bit and built used the same voice coils that are in the solobarics. That was the only problem my bro had with the subs was the voice coils melting and popping, but i believe it was my bros amp clipping the subs running the amp at a .34 ohm load, plus and plus he had the gain all the way up which is a no-no/ But if i were you i would go with the kickers cvr's

Anonymous

I would just get 1 12" atlas, they've got better sq then kickers, and will fit your budget, plus it wont take to expensive of an amp to get them pounding hard AND CLEAN, but if you want 10"s i would go for the kickers

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1491
I agree, but if you are set on the CVR's, there not bad for sq.

Silver Member
Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 127
ok i was just thinkin i would get a little more bump with the kicker 10"'s, but i have heard too many good things about the Atlas. Is the Atlas distorted when i comes to rock music?

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2751
they have decent sq, prolly one of the best for the price

Anonymous

just outta curiosity what would be louder and more spl, 2 cvr's or 1 atlas???

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2489
I would have to say it would be close. In sealed the Atlas has more x-max so thats its advantage there and in ported it has the XBL motor which is much stronger then the kicker motor so Atlas wins there also but the kickers do have double the surface area so it woul dbe close. If you were to take 300 watts and give it to either 2-kicker 12's, or 1 Atlas 12 I would have to say the Atlas would dominate.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2793
yea that way the atlas would own its mind lol, but in sealed it would be neck and neck, but atlas would kick its A$$ in sq

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2500
yup
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us