Which will be louder/but also sq

jessey
Unregistered guest
Is 1 Atlas 12" sub going to be enough to be heard from blocks away or will 2 kicker crv's be louder.. i heard atlas has GREAT sq but i want it to be loud to. so which ones goin to be louder(both cost same amount-atlas 12" 145-160$/ crv's 150-170$

what box should i get if i get any 2 of those subs

Bronze Member
Username: Jthree

Bay area, Ca Usa

Post Number: 37
the cvrs will be louder. the atlas from what i hear has good spl ubt not the kind of spl that you can hear from too far outside the car. if i was you i would go for 1 15 inch avalanche. its a little more, but with that and a nice box and amp you will be heard, and i guarantee it

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2458
the atlas will have better spl and sq all around

Bronze Member

Bay area, Ca Usa

Post Number: 38
you are saying the 12 inch atlas will have better spl than 2 12 inch cvrs? im not sure about that. if it were 2 atals then sure, but just one?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2460
yea i think it will

Bronze Member

Bay area, Ca Usa

Post Number: 40
why do you think that. technically the cvrs will have twice as much surface area, which mean twice as much air is being displaced. so doesnt that make for more spl

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2462
that doenst have everytting to do with subs, if u put 2 15 inch pyle subs up against my 15 inch TI, what wouold win?

Bronze Member

Bay area, Ca Usa

Post Number: 41
well yes if its that big of a difference of quality. but the kicker cvrs are not that bad of subs. and yes the atlas is great. but a 12 inch atlas is not made for very high spls.

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 201
THE PYLE.........HAHAHA

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2465
either are cvr's, ive owned the 10's and i have 15's right now, they dont get too loud, low 130's maybe 135, the atlas is capable of that in a bad a$$ ported box, the atlas also has the xbl^2 motor working forit, more xmax, and cvr's are to widly massed produced to get the same quality of the atlas

Bronze Member

Bay area, Ca Usa

Post Number: 42
im not saying the sq is going to be close to as good as the spl. but this is only 1 atlas vs 2 kickers.

Bronze Member

Bay area, Ca Usa

Post Number: 43
i mean that the sq is not going to be close to that of the atlas. sorry i mistyped

Gold Member
Username: Hdubb

Farmington, Nm Usa

Post Number: 1337
well surface area isnt everything, motor strengh xmax,environment, and power will all play a role. i think 2 atlas' is better then one

Bronze Member

Bay area, Ca Usa

Post Number: 45
but is the 1 atlas 12 better for spl than 2 12'' cvrs?

jessey
Unregistered guest
well im on budget about 150-170$ for some subs and 2 crv's no matter what size will be about 160$shipped, and 12" atlas 145+shipping,15"160+ shipping... and will 1 15 be better then those 2 crv's? on other threads there telling me to get the ppia600.2 art series for the atlas and whatever for the crv's... remember i want good s/q but want to be heard when i feel like it

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2481
i would suggest the 15 altas

jessey
Unregistered guest
the 15" is going to be too big i measured, so the biggest i can go is a 12 or 2, but im on a tight budget of about 170$ all together and the only way i can get 2 12's is the kickers.. so then out of those two would you say 2 kickers or 1 atlas??

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2407
atlas! Sub is right. in a sealed enclosure the atlas would be better do to much more x-max but in ported enclosure the atlas would win do to sheer motor strength! all around the atlas is a much better sub,SQ wise and SPL wise over the kickers.

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 485
dude, get the atlas. i drove up to a friends house last night and he said he heard me coming from around the block...and i've got one 12 in a SEALED enclosure with only 230 watts.

oh yeah, the perfect amp is the A300.2, not the A600.2. that sub will work with anything from 200 watts to 375 watts. it's a baadass sub.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2498
haha thank you james, julian was starting to make me feel like an idiot lol

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 751
Try the atlas with a jl 250/1...I hear it slams.

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 486
it's hard to believe one sub with so little power could get so loud. the other day i was letting this dude listen to it and he saw my amp and said "is that the 1000 watt memphis class-d amp?". needless to say, he was shocked when i told him it was the 4ch 75w/ch and that the sub was only getting 230 watts from the bridged rear channels - bangin' with my 70A alternator!

Silver Member

Post Number: 752
thats some good sh#t..

jessey
Unregistered guest
so the atlas 12" with a ppiA300.2 art series??? why is that going to be better then the A600.2? Beacause i heard that the atlas is actually underrated and its about 400w rms i dunno if its true but if it is i want to get the maximum power but still sounding good... and for a box bandpass right? and where can i get the amp n box at?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2502
ill build you a box lol, but for the sub, that sub cna take anywhere from 225-500 watts rms supposedly and styill sound amazing

jesset
Unregistered guest
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=50568%26item%3D5747419505 &tc=photo

That box, but i donno the hz or whatever on it. I don't have tht much to spend on a box Subfanatic, i got to be able to get a GOOD amp so i can outsound/power my friends(will this system do it)

A300.2 going to be the best for this system?, because i heard it has low rms but great all around- Also whats all this alternator talk n how do you find out how many amps yours got

(sorry thats probably a way dumb Q but im a noob)

Bronze Member
Username: Skaman272

Post Number: 31
Happy Holidays PPL! i hope evryone had an enjoyable day yesterday!! ;-p

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2412
the a600 will be way to much for that sub! the a300.2 is a perfect amp for that sub, or you could do what mo said and go with the 250/1 from JL audio.
No problem sub, I knew what you were trying to get at lol!

jessey
Unregistered guest
but the problem with the a300.2 is if i ever maybe want to get another 12" atlas or somthing i wont have enough power to run it, if i just use 1 channel of the a600 and not bridge it wont it still work good? or maybe not i don't know but i don want enough power to run 2 if i ever need to other wise i'll end up spending alot now and in another year or so i'll have to get a new amp again

Silver Member

Post Number: 765
Then get a jl 500/1 in that case.

Username: Kicker_cvr

Post Number: 1
i just got two 12 inch cvr's and they pound hard
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us