Amp and sub trouble

Username: Nboyd24

Post Number: 2
my friend recently gave me his sony xplode amp and two pioneer 450 subs and i installed them myself, however, i only installed one sub and for some reason when the music is played at a high level or if the amp is turned up even a little bit the amp and sub seem to practically turn off. i have an after market alpine cd deck....does anyone have any ideas what could be causing this or what i can do?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2382
Check your Alpine's rca preout voltage. Most units are 4v, however, some are 8v.
On the Sony amp (terrible quality), theck the gain/level setting. Make sure it matches your HU's preout voltage. If set incorrectly, it'll shut down at high volume level and overheat.
Depending on how old the amp is, it might handle up to 8v. This means for 4v, it should be set around half way.

Username: Storm_rider

Post Number: 1
i already own a set of rockford and fosgate 6x9s and i am lookin to buy an amp and sub, is it possible to connect both the 6x9s and sub through one amp and can anyone recomend a suitable sub and amp for around 120 quid?

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2386
What's a quid?
Yes you can power both 6x9s and a sub with one amp. You'll need to get capacitors for the 6x9s and a coil for the sub.
eBay is your best bet for low priced amps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us