New Subs Cutting out and shutting off

Username: Masterchris11

Post Number: 1
In my first setup i had a 1000watt Rockford Fosgate AMp powering 2 10" sony subwoofers rated at 1100watt max & 300rms. They sounded good, but there just wasnt enough power. So i upgraded my amp to a 1500watt. Now when i turn the volume up to a certain point, the subs cut out and then there is no sound from them. The subs also cut out when i turn the car sharply. I have messed wiuth the gain and crossover frequencies, but i cant get it to stop. Am i just putting too much power to the subs, or should i have upgraded my wiring kit when i got the new amp? Im haveing all sorts of car problems right now, and i suspect that the alternator is broke and cant provide the needed voltage. I dont know. does anyone have any Advice? THank you.

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 970
When you turn sharply?

Sounds like a bad ground or some other connection problem. Judging from the condition of your system by your description it could be a bunch of things, lol.

-Fishy

Post Number: 2
I think next weekend i will check alll the amp wiring, i ran all the wires through this maze of car interior, so maybe they got pinched or something.

Silver Member
Username: Dpaw20

FL USA

Post Number: 136
wow, your way over powering your subs. Your match the RMS wattage of your subs to the output of your amp. You only need a clean 600 watts.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2178
since were sorta on the subject, anyone have an idea, of why, JUST TODAY when i break my lights on the inside of my car turn on and my car doors are apparently ajar, it keeps lighting up

Post Number: 3
"wow, your way over powering your subs. Your match the RMS wattage of your subs to the output of your amp. You only need a clean 600 watts."

A friend told me that the subs could handle up to their max rating, but I think i believe you not him...

Does the max rating mean thats how much that they can output during high amounts of bass?

Anonymous

hey sub i know why that happens. because you drive a neon! lol!

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3700
"since were sorta on the subject, anyone have an idea, of why, JUST TODAY when i break my lights on the inside of my car turn on and my car doors are apparently ajar, it keeps lighting up"
hehe that's pretty bad. I'm not sure if the PLC processes that or not, I'd guess so, so it would likely be an internal error or a wire crossed.

Post Number: 4
"since were sorta on the subject, anyone have an idea, of why, JUST TODAY when i break my lights on the inside of my car turn on and my car doors are apparently ajar, it keeps lighting up"

Maybe you blew up a relay. In that sense maybe it doesnt know where to send the electrical signal to.

Silver Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 137
hahaha. Alright well this is probobly the best guess on this post yet. When you turn sharply you are using power, when u stop/break/signal/ Anything with your vehicle, You are using power. Think about it, most amps and even vehicles have a shutoff system that when you vehicle gets to a certian voltage(low voltage). I will sacrifice music or even your break lights to keep the engine running. I no it does on my safari 98. Maybe your vehicle is losing to much power when you do certian things that it sacrifices ur music(turns it off) to still run the vehicle???

Silver Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 138
All in all, you alternater may be the main problem :P. Because turning your vehicle has no effect on your music signals UNLESS you have a bad ground and when you turn its touchin somthing or not enough of something :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us