500rms on avalanche???

Anonymous

i want the avalanche but i dont want to uprade mt electrical yet soooooooooooo.

would 500rms in a ported box move this nicely?
would i be able to reach the 130's at least? i know theres alot of variables but yes or no would be nice

anyone here have an avalance? have you ever powered it with only 500rms? will this be a good sql setup?

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2040
Yes, they will run fine with 500 watts. You could run even less if you really wanted. James runs 600 watts to his 15" Avalanche with a PPI amp. As long as you get a good quality 500 watt amp, you'll be fine.

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 657
Ill be running mine off a jl 500/1 which is a underated amp. As far as what everyone is saying from experience it should be fine at 500rms or over. Im just trying to decide between sealed or ported?????

Anonymous

ya MO im more than likely gonna run it off a JL 500/1 in a snail shell should sound pretty good.

doesent the JL 500/1 put out around 580-600rms?

5&aQuarter
Unregistered guest
i told chad i wanted 2 he said 500 to each would be fine

Silver Member

Post Number: 662
Yeah anonymous..the jl 500/1 puts out 580-610 at least. Im going with the same setup man. Im probably gonna go sealed or ported. I dont know to much about snailshell boxes??

Silver Member

Post Number: 664
By the way i talked to chad also and he said that the 500/1 whould work out fine.

Anonymous

well MO i know there very hyped but i have heard a w7 in a regular ported box tuned to 28hz then with the same car amp everything in a snail shell tuned to 28hz and on the mic it got 3db louder.

im thinkin about buyin one there $250 which is alot im still decidin if i want to do it

also how many amps does the JL 500/1 draw?

also MO are you or do you have any electrical upgrades (alternator, battery, big 3) i dont want to have to upgrade yet i have a 105amp alternator so i will probably be runnin 700rms total hope my car can handle it.

do you think that the avalanche with the jl 500/1 would reach the at least 130?

Silver Member

Post Number: 666
Its funny cause me and you are in the same situation. I am trying to run my 500/1 and my ppi art 300.2 and i want the least current draw from my electrical system as possible because i dont have a HO alternator nor have i upgraded my big 3. The only thing i purchased that i havent installed yet is a BATCAP model 800 stereo battery that will help with any dimming and let the subs hit harder on heavy bass hits. I am trying to avoid upgrading to a HO alternator so i may upgrade my big 3 as it helps. Oh yeah, you will definetly hit higher then 130db. Look to be in the 140's with a good install easy.

Anonymous

thx MO for all ur input hopefully will have no dimming ;)

Silver Member

Post Number: 668
Anonymous are you gonna go ported or snailshell??? Who is gonna build your box??? let me know man.

Anonymous

im more than likely gonna get a snail shell because i have heard them personally and i beleive the hype im pretty sure you will get a 3db edge over a ported or sealed box.

you can get them at powered4sound.com

these boxes bring the best outta your subs they get lower than a normal porsted box and give you just as good if not better sq than a sealed box.

there a little pricey $250 but i think from experience there worth it

Silver Member

Post Number: 671
Are they built to the avalanche 15 specs or close to them???

Anonymous

ya they will custom build them however you want

OR

you can use the specs that they have already tested specifically for the avalanche.

Silver Member

Post Number: 673
OH they have tested the avlanche already with there enclosures??? i emailed them about the avalanche 15

Silver Member

Post Number: 674
I didnt ask anything regarding the 500/1 working with the avalanche and infact i helped out annonymous with his question regarding the 500rms. Get your facts straight before you ask silly questions.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 2057
Oh gosh. I didn't read the names correctly. I'm really sorry MO. I'll delete that last post...

Silver Member

Post Number: 676
no problem joe...
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us