Amp Wiring PLZ help..

Username: Kasnar

Post Number: 1
Hi all i am just starting my setup, and have LOTS of questions but i think i get it, ok here's my question, my equipment is this:

Speakers
Pioneer TS-A1680R 50W RMS @4 ohms
Pioneer TS-D160R 60W RMS @4 ohms

Subwoofer
Polk Audio db124DVC 60-360W RMS
Dual 4 ohm voice coil

Amps
Boss Riot 745 100x4 @4ohms
Alpine MRD-M301 350X1 @2ohms

Receiver
Sony CDX F7715X 52x4 - 17x4 RMS

I'm thinking in wiring my speakers individually on each channel of the 4 channel amp, and the woofer in parallel for a 2ohm load on the alpine, what im not sure is if that i will be pushing too much power to the speakers, 100x4 and the speakers have a 50 and a 60 RMS, so do you guys think it could be a problem??

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7595
something is fishy about that Boss amp.
RMS Power @ 4 Ohms: 100W x 4
Bridged RMS Power @ 4 Ohms: 250W x 2

now if that amp is 100x4 stereo, it should be around 400 watts x 2 bridged @ 4 ohms. even with an unregulated power supply your loss shouldn't be that great, and you should be close to 350x2

that being said, I don't think you're going to get 100x4 from a $130 boss amplifier so I wouldn't worry about it. set the HPF at ~120Hz and if the speakers start to distort, turn down the volume. as long as you listen responsibly, you shouldn't have any worries about blowing a speaker.

Username: Kasnar

Post Number: 2
Thnx that's what i thought and what i was told by somebody else, and yes ill be putting the HP xover to a high band so i won't be forcing the bass to them, thnx man.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us