Glasswolf Help

Username: Marc1

Post Number: 9
Glasswolf how u doing?

Made my own molex plug went down Jcar electronics got the plugs & pulled the old one out
Amp is now running.

I have Alpine 9831 head-unit wired to HCCA 2100. L/P filter set to 80hz on headunit but zeus sub 12inch 2x4 DV/C wired in parrell amp seeing 2ohms mono in a box of 2.5 ft does not seem to be doing the job. (WHY)? (Sounds very poor).

Runnig full range to fronts MB Quartz Rsb 215 on Xtr 200 ""sound stage""Great"" with doors lined with sound deadner.

i've been told those subs do the job but it sounds like crap as if the amp was not getting enough voltage.

Can you help with this problem.

marc

Gold Member
Username: Glasswolf

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7591
hmm
set head unit to 60Hz maybe.
make sure slope for teh LPF is set steep, like 18 or 24dB
also some alpines have a weak sub output. you need to turn the sub level up beyond zero level (flat) to make the subs perform. try at least a +3 to +5 on the sub level and see how that does.

Bronze Member

Sydney, N.s.w Australia

Post Number: 11
your right!

Alpine has a weak sub (output) had to buy a new rockford x-over and found that the sub is not good at all, thinking of buying Rockford P312d2 subwoofer works in a nice small box .85ft3
Dual 4 ohm load my amp nicely.

marc
ps) headunit can't go that low 80hz,120hz & 160hz low pass only.

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7622
then use 80Hz.
alpine puts out 4V to teh subs if you have the sub out level turned up. at 0, the sub out voltage is reduced. it's not that it's weak per se, they just used an odd approach. full sub out level is considered "flat" for some reason.
its brought a lot of complaints.

Bronze Member

Sydney, N.s.w Australia

Post Number: 12
if only i'd known crap headunit should have bought Rockford headunit has no bells & no whistles. great output voltage

marc

Gold Member

NorthWest, Michigan USA

Post Number: 7642
they used to anyway.
Denon no longer makes the head units for RF.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us