What do i use for a remote wire

Username: Devin_wyngard

Greenville, Wi Usnited states

Post Number: 5
i a hooking up my rear 6 by 9 speakers in the back on an amp. but i do not know what to use ro a remote wire?

Bronze Member
Username: Krijgy

Smithfield, Virginia United states

Post Number: 81
do you mean a remote wire for your amp to your cd head? cause there is no wuch thing as a remote wire that runs from the speaker to the amp.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1975
Remote wire, or speaker wire?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1347
or are you talking about a remote gain wire...

Bronze Member
Username: Kaos15th

Phoenix, Arizona USA

Post Number: 13
LoL hes talking about the blue remote wire from the back of the head unit to the amp . you can use speaker wire for that.

Username: Devin_wyngard

Greenville, Wi Usnited states

Post Number: 7
yea but i dont want to run new wires because i am hooking up a second amp sorry if i didnt make that clear enoughf before

Silver Member
Username: Fishy

Tamarac Ft.Laud, FL USA

Post Number: 913
Just run the remote wire off your other amp.

-Fishy

Bronze Member
Username: Volfenhag1200

Post Number: 22
any copper wire will work it doesnt matter how old or new it is. just find some old copper wire and use it.

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 150
I did that, i used indoor electrical wire, big whoop i have like 10,000 ft of it on a spool so why bother paying for special car audio wire when its the same stuff. Anyways just run another wire from the amp with the remote wire to the other amp. thats all i did and it worked fine.

Bronze Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 43
Guys, Guy, Guys !!!

If you're gonna give advise, please take in consideration the copy of a copy effect.

When you make a copy of a copy and then use that copy to make another copy, and repeating this process over and over again... the next thing you know is that you have a copy that is no where close to the original.

Take the safe bet, and follow proven steps. When it calls for a specific wire, use that specific wire, otherwise you will end up with another problem.

By the way; for power wires, AC circuitry require solid strand wire, while DC circuitry require stranded wire. There is a reason for this.

Please don't try to re-invent the wheel, and/or get away with stuff by taking shortcuts.

Silver Member
Username: Sony224422

Deep River, CT US

Post Number: 152
its the same thing. its carrying such little power that it doesn't matter. it works. it might not be the best thing, but it works.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us