Need Advice On Car System.. Complete Rookie

Username: Vincentian

Post Number: 3
hi i was wondering if anyone could give me advice on wut i should buy for my cars sound system with regards to subwoofers, amps and anything else needed. My budget is 400-600 dollars. Any advice on how to make my cars sound system the best it can be with this amount of money would be greatly appreciated.

Post Number: 5
didn't mean to double post sorry.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2289
do you have an aftermarket cd player or your factory unit?

Post Number: 7
um i actually have a JVC KS-FX280 180W cassette player, which i was just planning on using a cassette adapter to connect to my ipod to play music through

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2293
ok let me look up that radio to see if it has pre-outs for you hold on!

Post Number: 9
ok thanks

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2294
I dont think it does atleast from what I have seen so far. I would run 1-atlas 12 or 15 with a ppi a300.2, if you use ebay you can get the amp for under $200 and the sub is $140 so then you have a good amount of cash for wires that you are going to need. I would look into a better radio with built in X-over and RCA pre outs. If you are going to keep that radio I have a 2-way mtx x-over I have that I can sell you if you want for cheap.

Post Number: 10
alrite thanks for looking that up ... wut kind of prices are we talking here for instore purchase. and i dont think i have enough money for another radio so wut is this 2-way mtx x-over you speak of.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us