RF1000 amp WTF!!!!

Unregistered guest
Ok first with this amp i blew 2 kickers. Then i just blew 1 e.d sub. Now i just had one playing and that blows. THIS TIME THE AMP WENT WITH IT!!! smoke everywhere almost caught on fire. this sucks.. And i can't find the receipt for the amp. The 2 e.d subs i have warrenty and receipt.

320$ rf amp
220$ 2 kicker vr comp 15's

This sucks so badly. Hopefully i get new e.d 16kv.2 subs. Anyone think this amp was defected from the get go. Or is this just my luck

sean g
Unregistered guest
help

sean g
Unregistered guest
help

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 193
At what ohms did you have the subs wired at?

sean g
Unregistered guest
4 ohms. 1 wire from pos to neg on sub. then amp pos to sub pos ,amp neg to other sub neg

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2330
What were the sub's ohms? Was it 4ohms DVC or 2ohms SVC? The way you have it wired, it is either 2ohms SVC, or 4ohms DVC wired in parallel, then wired in series for 4ohms total load. Which is it?
What were the signs before the subs blew?
You do know that subs blow from distortion/clipping right? You must be feeding lot of distortion. How is your gain/level control set?

nick_sq
Unregistered guest
did they actually blow? (fail mechanically?...cracked/riped cone/foam surround/suspension) or did they fry? you said it almost caught on fire so my guess is the amp does not have enough power from your car so it is forced into clipping (distortion) which can kill any speaker no matter what the wattage rating.

sean g
Unregistered guest
so thats what my problems been all along... my car puts out sh!t for volts. I didn't know that could mess everything up, everytime i told somone about my lack of volts or they heard the amp clip, they never said a thing to me about this. And to think of it, everytime a sub went, my car wasnt at a cruising speed/at a light or just a test in the yard.sob. I guess i should tell my friend not to run his system with the car off now. dam n

sean g
Unregistered guest
so thats what my problems been all along... my car puts out sh!t for volts. I didn't know that could mess everything up, everytime i told somone about my lack of volts or they heard the amp clip, they never said a thing to me about this. And to think of it, everytime a sub went, my car wasnt at a cruising speed/at a light or just a test in the yard.sob. I guess i should tell my friend not to run his system with the car off now. dam n

Bronze Member
Username: Xtant1001

Post Number: 15
Selling XTANT 1001 amp normal 1200.00 selling for 600.00 mint condition. call (425) 985-5415 or email unan0@hotmail.com

Upload
Upload
Upload

sean g
Unregistered guest
please reply to my message, so its bad to run an amp if your amps are running low? Say parked, or without engine started.

nick_sq
Unregistered guest
high output altenator!

sean g
Unregistered guest
I dont think this sub the amp was hooked up to blew. It sounds fine on the house stereo (just to test it)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us