15 inch subs for around $300, atlas maybe?

Silver Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 133
A friend of mine plans on getting 2 15 inch subs and he has around $300-350 for subs alone. The way everyone on here has been talking about ascendant audio i was thinking two atlas, also in consideration are cerwin vega v-max and kicker comp VR. What do you guys think would be the loudest of all of these in a fairly large ported box? any other suggestions also welcome

Silver Member

Post Number: 134
well the atlas might be out b/c his amp is 375 watts by two at 4 ohms

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 598
Atlas whould be the best choice in a ported box according to specs. Just get a matching amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 135
he already has the amp

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 480
i know the atlas can take 375 watts in a sealed box. i'm not sure about in a ported box though. call ascendant and ask them. if chad tells you it can take it and it blows, warranty will should cover it. be sure to to ask him if it will though.

Bronze Member
Username: Basketballinu05

Post Number: 21
not to sound dumb but who makes the atlas?

Bronze Member
Username: Algirard1

OH United States

Post Number: 63
Ascendat Audio
The owner is Chad
www.ascendantaudio.com

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2292
The atlas should take that without a problem! What I would do personally is get 1-15 avalanche and run that amp mono 750watts to 4ohms. Chad told me that typically on charts 2-atlas' will get about the same output as 1 avalanche.

Silver Member

Post Number: 136
do you know what shipping would be on one avalanche 15? we are trying to figure out if it would be worth the drive to go there or not

Silver Member

Post Number: 137
Also is there any single 15 that would get louder than 1 avalanche for around the same price?

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3667
Ported boxes offer a higher mechanical power handling than sealed boxes do, so if a sub can take is sealed, it can take just as much if not more ported. Ported boxes also offer better cooling of the voice coil. The only time subs won't be controlled well ported is if you're below the tuned frequency.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2039
ok jonathon, then if i want to put 1200 watts rms into my eclipse ti, what size box and what kind should i do ?

Silver Member

Post Number: 139
is there any single 15 that would get louder than 1 avalanche for around the same price?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us