Wow anybody herd about this sub????

Silver Member
Username: Spanky

Post Number: 105
http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18803%26item%3D5765287434

is it ne good, the magnet is big and handles a decent amount of power but it looks like an audiobaun sub...

Bronze Member
Username: Mixneffect

Orangevale, Ca. USA

Post Number: 26
Here is what is good about it;

It has a long throw suspension. It has a double stacked magnet. It has a stiff cone. It has dual 3" voice coils. It has a dubble spider.

Here is what is bad about it:

This is an old school design. That magnet system will be obsolete soon. It has a foam surround. It has a small cone area compared to its advertised size.

This design is a spin-off of Aurasound designed subwoofers, which have a new technology magnet. Generally copied stuff will drop off the market.

IMO I wouldn't buy this woofer. There's no future for this woofer.

I would like to see the complete specs on it. I would then be able to give you a better opinion.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1202
...for that price you can get an orion HCCA 12"....which will blow that sub out of the water...as well as last you a much longer time...

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1954
"Here is what is bad about it:

This is an old school design. That magnet system will be obsolete soon. It has a foam surround."

Do you honestly think that because the sub has an "old school design" it's bad?

"That magnet system will be obsolete soon." - Do you meen motor?, because last time I checked the magnets usually don't differ a ton on subs.

"It has a foam surround." - That meens nothing. A lot of your top-end subs use foam surround. Guess what the W7's and the X.X.X's use? Foam allows for more excursion than rubber, and it's a myth to think that foam doesn't last very long, and breaks down after a little while.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2281
good points Smoe! I agree with every point made.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 287
the only bad point i notice at a glance is the cone. its got a huge surround like audiobahns, but a really small effective cone area.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1961
Yeah, I didn't say anything about the cone, because I can't actually see the sub... lol. I thought we had come to an agreement that we post the item numbers for ebay stuff, and not the links. The links don't work for most people.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3663
Usually it's the internals and engineering that make or break a speaker. Just beware a lot of chrome, huge, ineffective surrounds, magnet size boasting, and so forth as most are more about pulling wool over your eyes than actual performance. Most high end equipment is pretty average looking, just looking at Adire Audios stuff, or Dynaudio, etc. wouldn't impress people for looks. Anywho, I haven't dealt with Niche Audio yet to tell you anything.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us