Kicker L7 15' Or Jl Audio W6

Username: Kurt_114

Laredo, Tx USA

Post Number: 4
I cant decide what to get between these two. Well im not sure what JL sub I should get or just stick to getting the L7. The thing is i dont want to spend no more than $300 on the sub alone. Help...Open for suggestions.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 282
The L7 and the W6 are opposites. The L7 is all about SPL and the W6 is SQ. Picking a sub depends on what you want to get out of it. I would get the JL myself.. but there are plenty other subs out there that are cheaper and would do the same if not more. The Atlas 12" is only $150 and needs only about 250 watts to move.

Bronze Member
Username: Mad_at_madd

Chico, CA USA

Post Number: 24
One thing to also consider is that the L7's known for having a shorter than average life span. I would perfer the W6, it will be 5 to 10 dB's less, but the W6 will just blow the L7 out of the water when it comes to SQ.

Another thing worth mentioning is the W6v2's RMS is 400 watts and the RMS of the L7 is 750 watts. You will be able to buy a much nicer 400 watt amp. than a 750 watts amp. However if you are looking for pure SPL the L7 with a healthy amp is the setup for you.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us