Amp/Sub Combo

Username: Wankertank

Post Number: 9
I am interested in getting a Polk MOMO C500.1 amp, and an Infinity Kappa Perfect 12.1 single channel sub. Is this a good combo or is there something else in this range that is good too? Thanks

Silver Member
Username: Jwbulger79

Florida

Post Number: 455
the perfect is an outstanding SQ sub. the polk amp, however, is far from outstanding. there is much much better for the money. do you mind buying on eBay or do you have to have something with a warranty?

you may also want to consider the Alas from www.ascendantaudio.com. the SQ is comparable, but it blows the perfect out of the water in SPL.

Post Number: 10
Thanks for your reply. I was looking for something with a warranty. Are the infinty amps any good as well?

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 459
nope. i would look at zapco, xtant, mtx, or kicker - in that order. the kicker kx400.1 would be good for that sub. the mtx 801D is on sale here for a great price. it puts out 400watts at 4ohms and 800 watts at 2ohms. wire the sub at 4ohms and if you ever decided to add another sub, just wire them to a 2ohm load and you'd give them 400watts each.

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 460
wow. look at this sale. if you dont plan on getting another sub, and dont want to spend the money on zapco or xtant. i would buy this. MTX makes very well built amps and their customer service is excellent. this sale is amazing.

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 461
alpine makes pretty good amps also. this one would work well with the perfect.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 12
Would it be better to get the Single Voice Channel or the Dual with that MTX 421D amp? and would it be bad that the perfect would be underpowered by the 210W @ 4 ohms the amp provides, as the sub is rated for 350W @ 4 ohms.

Bronze Member

Post Number: 13
bump

Silver Member

Florida

Post Number: 478
get the DVC model, wire each 4ohm coil in parallel and it will be a total load of 2ohms on the amp. the MTX421D will put out 300 watts RMS at 2 ohms. that measurement is taken at 12.5 volts, so at 14.4 volts it'll put out 345 watts, maybe even more. those amps are underated - either way, it's perfect for the perfect :-)

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1963
The 421D should put out more than 300 watts RMS 2 2 ohms. I owned a 311D once, and that was rated at 300 rms @ 2 ohms. Can't remember the exact ratings for the 421D though.

Bronze Member
Username: Xtant1001

Post Number: 18
Selling XTANT 1001 amp normal 1200.00 selling for 600.00 mint condition. call (425) 985-5415 or email unan0@hotmail.com

Upload
Upload
Upload
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us