Im LOST...

Bronze Member
Username: Dpaw20

FL USA

Post Number: 75
Ok, I got an Audiobahn A8000T amp with 2 12" Alpine Type-R's and all I know what to set is the subsonic filter (to about 25 or less right?). I dont know how to set the gain and then the bass boost. Both make them louder but I dont know which one should be turned up more. What im really lost on though, is the crossover. What do you guys put it at? And on my HU, its got a -12 to +12 db boost. What do I set that to? I want to just make sure that my system is set right. Any help would be great.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 193
dont know about your hu but i usually set my treble to 17.5k +7, bass 100hz 0, but i cant remember what my hpf and lpf are set for i havent checked in awhile. i also turn the bbe +3, then turn the sub-w to +15. gotta love alpine hus :-)

Bronze Member

FL USA

Post Number: 77
i dont know what you just said. My amp has a 0-18db bass boost setting. My HU has -12 to 12db going by 2's for trebel and bass. I dont know how to set gains, set crossover, or set bass boost on HU or amp. I also heard turning bass boost on the amp resets the gain or turns it off. Is that true? Please, can somone that listens to rap tell me what they put. I want booming loud bass, but not sound bad. I dont even know what I want so could somone tell me whats normal? lol

Bronze Member

FL USA

Post Number: 79
anyone?

Bronze Member

FL USA

Post Number: 85
anyone?

nick_sq
Unregistered guest
if your head unit is powering speakers then set basss at head unit to a low number. then turn bass/gain up 1/2 way at the amp and see how it sounds, creep them both up together until the bass sounds good compared to the rest of the system.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us