Subwoofer box taking up all my space, need help...

ampquestion
Unregistered guest
I am setting up 2 amps in my trunk, one for 4 components and one mono for the subs. My question is a space question. Since I have none, I am gonna lay the amps on there sides, then vertically install them on either metal or wood or plastic so that there will be a front (power cords etc) and a back (speaker wires). can an amp be installed like that. I see places that tell you not to install them upside down, but mine will be on the side and vertical, and possibly mounted on wood, since it is the easiest to work with, and will also be bottom to bottom separated by about 1" peice of wood. Is this ok to do? I know this is a sub forum, but it seems to have more knowledgable people in here. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thank you in advanced.

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 276
I mounted my amp on the back wall of my truck behind the seat and there has been no problems. Don't mount the amp on the sub box, and I wouldn't mount them upside down.. the law of gravity can be a pain on mechanical parts.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 599
Yes, you can mount a amp vertically...just dont mount one upside down. And its now good on an amp to mount it on the sub-box either, the rattling could damage the amp.

Heat rises and an amp would really hot if the heat didnt disipate, that is why you dont want to mount them upside-down.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us