Got my new avalanch 15

Bronze Member
Username: Mattman111

Keizer, OR US

Post Number: 14
Well i just wanted to say that i got my new avalanch 15 yesterday and i built the box for it last night. got it all put in and it is FREAKIN AMAZING!!! it is so loud!!! im very impressed.and the sound quality is very very good. i would recommend this sub to anybody and everybody

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 408
How much power RMS are giving it and what kind of box.

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 534
yeah how much rms are you giving it and what kinda of box??? good question. I am ordering mine today. Did you put polyfill in yours. here is a chart for the rest of us that are curious of enclosure reccomandations. http://www.ascendantaudio.com/Avalanche%2015%20sealed%20enclosure%20recommendati ons.htm

Bronze Member
Username: Mattman111

Keizer, OR US

Post Number: 15
its running on about 700 rms and its in a ported box. im gonna make a sealed box for it soon cuz i want to hear how that sounds

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 266
Ascendant Audio makes some damned good woofers for the dollar, IMO

Silver Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 267
MO, didn't you just buy a JL 10W7 in an HO box? Do you just like throwing money out the window?

Silver Member

Post Number: 538
No i didnt. I cancelled it. I have the money to burn but i wanted somthing more efficant like the avalanche and somthing more raw. What kinda box does James longo have this in??? Ive heard the are loud ported and better sq in sealed from chad the owner of the company.

Silver Member

Post Number: 540
I went ahead and ordered my avalanche 15 thru the phone with chad the owner of the company and he is a real cool guy. answered all my questions and overall real happy with the service so far. Just deciding what kinda box i wanna go with running it off a 500/1 going in to a camry trunk? I listen to mostly rap and drum n bass and jungle and some rock.

Bronze Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 25
Hey Matt and james what type of amp's are you running? And do you have 1 or 2 15'?

Silver Member

Post Number: 541
Im emailed my dimensions to chad and he is gonna figure somthing out so that will be solved. Thanks again for all your help.

Bronze Member
Username: Loc_out

Post Number: 26
Hey Matt and James or anyone that owns Avalanche. What type of amps are you running? And do you have 1 or 2 15'?

Silver Member

Post Number: 543
they have 1 avalanche 15 and james is running it with 600watts rms. not sure what kinda box james has though and what size and tune?

Username: Jthree

Bay area, Ca Usa

Post Number: 8
so would u guys take 2 avalanche 15s over 2 eclipse 88150s?

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2257
I have 1-15 avalanche running with a PPI a600, soon to be a HCCA 250g4 as soon as I find the damn time to install it lol! I am running mine in a sealed 2.5cu/ft and the SQL is very nice! I actually demoed it out today to my buddy who is a big time DJ, He asked before getting into my truck what I had, I said 1-15 he said ohh I wont like it I run 4-10's. I said just get in and check it out, he left amazed!:-) He said the Punch for a 15 was amazing and the deep low end was nuts, I love it when that happens:-)

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 185
yea most guys that run a 10s dont know what a 15 can feel like especially one with a fs of 15.7hz :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 546
James do you think i should go sealed or ported with the avalanche 15 if its run off a 500/1. ???

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2258
I dont know MO I preffer sealed, what do you like? I ws thinking about building a ported box tuned to about 25htz for fun to see the diff but in 2.5 sealed it can get too loud for me sometimes.

Silver Member

Post Number: 189
*cough* port *cough* :P

Silver Member

Post Number: 547
I rather have it accurate and hear the SQ while being loud like yours. What amp are you using james?? So 2.5 sealed.. also what kinda car do you have it in?

Silver Member

Post Number: 195
u can have great sq in a ported box if u build it right. its just easier to build a sealed box than a ported so people naturally assume the sq is that much higher

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2275
Alpine is right but even if the box is built right if it is tuned high you lose out on SQ it has to be tuned low to have better SQ then sealed. I am running it with my PPI a600.2 but I am taking that out and putting in an Orion 250HCCA this weekend.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1938
It's about d@mn time.

Silver Member

Post Number: 577
whats the differance in decibals and spl from sealed to ported for the avalanche15?

Silver Member

Post Number: 578
?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us