Can Someone Help me????

Username: Staticwater21

Post Number: 1
I just bought 2 12" 1000 watt max 400 watt r.m.s. Pioneer priemers ts-w126c subs and it came with a 1200 watt amp and its a Boss c-700 and that says it puts out 1200 watts max and i was wondering what gauge wire i should get and i was also wondering if these would work together or if i could bridge them or what to do?

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 259
for 1200 watts, it'll be best to get 0/1 AWG wire, but just to let you know, i doubt that amp will put out 1000 watts, but thoes subs prob won't take 1000 watts either. not that its that bad of equiptment, its just overrated. if the amp is a 2 channel, then it'll be written on the amp how to bridge it, if your talking about "bridging" the subs, you don't "bridge" them, you wire them in series or parallel. whats the impedance rating of the subs??

also, have you checked out your charging system to see if it can handel what your putting in??

Post Number: 2
I have a dodge ram 1500 that i am putting them in and yes i want to parallel those subs. the imedance rating for the subs are 4 ohms and what do you mean by "charging system"

Silver Member
Username: Byrumjr

Post Number: 190
4 gauge wire will be fine 8 gauge will most likely work. If the amp puts out what they say, then you are looking at RMS of 200 watts from each channel at 4 ohms. Now to the subs, I don't think you will be able to bridged but just one sub. You can wire both subs in series, that will pull a 8 ohms load bridged. This will only give you around 300 RMS watts or 150 RMS watts to each sub. I don't think that amps will take the heat if you bridge both subs parallel. Parallel will pull a 2ohms load if bridged.

Post Number: 3
Well then i am at a dead end then so your sure that the amp i have will not power those subs or what? should i buy another amp or what i have no idea what to do i'm not really the electronics kind of guy.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us