Whats your opinion on Audiobahn?

Username: Newtoaudio

Post Number: 2
I am considering getting 2 Audiobahn AWC12T 12" performer subs and 1 Audiobahn A8002T amp. I've heard this combo works well together, but what do you guys think?

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1258
dont do audiobahn im warning you and ive personally messed with the 8002t its power is over rated by like 200 watts i think...800 claimed if i remember right and had audiobahns best sub not the best build or sq and needs alot of power ....ive tons of car audio over the years and this is one that really disappoints me for the money esp.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 157
i prayed there would not be another "whats your opinion on audiobahn" or "whats your opinion on kicker" thread anymore.

Post Number: 3
Thanks Sean, I will definately look around for better stuff. What have you used that you liked?

Lol, sorry Alpine :-)

Post Number: 4
Thanks Sean, I'll definately look around for something better. What have you used that you liked a lot?

Lol Sorry Alpine :-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 160
tell us your budget and we can set u up with some nice systems

Post Number: 5
I'd like to see what I can do with around $350. Its about all I can spend right now

Silver Member

Post Number: 163
get an atlas 15" sub and a jbl bp600.1 amp off ebay (2 being sold now, rated at 600watts rms at 2ohms and 1 ohm but produces closer to 800 and higher if your charging system will allow it). Atlas is sold at www.ascendantaudio.com and is a bad @ss sub for the money. dont just listen to me though these guys on this forum will help u out as much as they can so wait for more posts

Post Number: 6
Thanks a lot for your help, any help I can get is much appreciated.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1937
atlas would be a nice setup

Silver Member

Post Number: 167
if u could get about another 150 u could buy the avalanche 15 which is an awesome sub

Silver Member

Post Number: 168
or or or u could look for 2 older alpine type r 12s (might still be some on ebay) around 200 total for them or u could buy 2 new type rs for 298. the old ones are 1221 or 1241s and the new ones are 1222 and 1242s. nice sq subs and decent spl

Silver Member

Post Number: 169
hell if i could get mine back from my sister who "lost them" i would sell them with a box and jbl bp600.1 amp for 300

Post Number: 7
Nice. I would prefer a couple of 12s rather than a 15, but sound quality is the main thing I'm after. I'm hoping to find a job over the summer and that would bring in some more available money.

Silver Member

Post Number: 172
atlas has the ability to adjust the qts so u can change it for more spl or better sq. you can actually put another terminal in your box and run a pair of wires to your dash and install a potentiometer so u can adjust it on the fly. its off the heezy

Post Number: 8
Lol thats pretty sweet. I'd probably adjust it for more sq. How much does the potentiometer cost?

Silver Member

Post Number: 174
probably about 5 bucks not sure..i think someone on this forum has done it like that not sure who though..maybe they will chime in here sometime tonight

Post Number: 9
Low prices- thats what i like to see! Does Atlas make good 12" subs as well? And if so, do you know about how much those would cost?

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1940
buy my stuff lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 175
atlas doesnt sell the potentiometer u will have to talk to chad (the owner) about what u need if u decide to order them. atlas 15 is 160 plus shipping it also comes in a 12

http://www.ascendantaudio.com/Atlas%2015.htm

Silver Member

Post Number: 176
here is the amp i was talking about

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll?ViewItem&category=18797%26item%3D5766396814 %26

a very nice amp he is actually selling 2 of them but i wouldnt pay over 175 for it u can get the 1200 for about 210 on ebay.

if u get it cheap enough u might be able to get 2 atlas 12s :-) but the 12 is 145 and the 15 160 so for 15 more u get a much larger surface area

Post Number: 10
Cool thanks Alpine. Subfanatic, what is your stuff and how much are you selling it for?

Silver Member

Post Number: 177
of course the rms on the atlas is only 300 they are a very effecient sub if u do decide on that u might wanna get a smaller amp or get a larger one and turn the gains down a little till u can buy another sub if u want

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Hey I've heard good things about Resonant Engineering and went to their website and looked at some of their products, what do you think about the re line of subs? and also, do you know the prices on them, because I couldn't find them on the website?

Silver Member

Post Number: 178
i have heard alot of nice things about them i know the x.x.x and the mt are nice subs but not sure about the others

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1164
seeing as a single xx.x is more then his whole budget...the RE line of subs is a great sub, chances are it'll out perform most of the competition mid-high quality range of sub...

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1942
jon check out my pro, click on my name and everything is for sale, or go to the thread, add another one to the list to see prices, i started that thread earlier
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us