Stereo vs. Mono

JeremeyH
Unregistered guest
Hi, quick question. In my trunk I have two twelves sitting in a box that has two enclosed chambers that are the right size, airspace-wise, for the speakers. I just turned them around so that they are facing into the passenger area. They are bridged in series through my amp. I want to separate the channels so that the right sub is on the right channel, and the left sub is on the left channel. I don't want to experiment because I don't want to pull everything back out and rewire it, I want to get it in there and be done with it. Has anybody done this, and what do you think of the results?

Thank you :-),
Jeremey

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 141
right channel or left channel it wont make a difference in bass. bass is non directional

JeremeyH
Unregistered guest
Interesting, so if there was a sweep from right to left, you wouldn't notice it?

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1333
Ya, I would think you would notice a little difference, at least I can!
I'm no amp expert by anymeans... but when a amp is bridged, isn't both chanils wired togeather to the sub's ? So wouldn't you lose the separation?
I think what he is talking about is in songs, bass doesn't play out of just a spacific chanil.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 143
just dont see how u could notice much of a difference when the subs are 2 in. apart

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1336
You can't really tell wich side the bass is cumming from, but you can tell the loudness drops... it really is kind of pointless though.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 253
if the subs don't have a seperator int he box and they each had their own channel like you say, wouldn't they kinda cancel eachother out or something??

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1337
If they are both in the same box, I would think they would cancel each other out no matter how they are wired... a sub needs it's own chamber to work properly.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us