Subwoofers outside of JL - around 500 rms subwoofer

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 477
Im looking for other options for subwoofers also as i like to try out differant subs. Im looking for subwoofers outside JL that can take around 500watts rms. I will be using my jl 500/1. Ive heard good stuff about Eclipse Aluminum,ImageDynamics idmax. I mostly listen to rap and am looking for good spl and good sq so like a sql woofer.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 406
how much are you goin to spend

Silver Member

Post Number: 478
Budget whould be up to $400 for one sub.

Silver Member

Post Number: 480
how are these eclipse subs??? http://www.woofersetc.com/subcatmfgprod.asp?0=279&1=285&2=1093

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2210
dude go to a shop and listen to a buch af different subs and make up your mind that way! if you were not happy with 2-12w6v2's then try an avalanche 15 trust me for your music taste you will love that sub!:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 482
where do they sell that sub...ive never heard of it. What is its ratings and so on.

Silver Member

Post Number: 489
How are the eclipse subs..i think somebody on this post was going with a 10"eclipse and a 500/..or somthing

Username: Mrmoneymachine8

Post Number: 9
kicker L5 12 inch is 500 watt rms i think, not L7 but L5

Silver Member

Post Number: 493
Here are some of the subs im looking at now -

- 10w7 or 12w7
- eclipse SW8122 Aluminum, 12" 500 watts rms each
- eclipse SW9152 Titanium, 15" , 750rms
- Image Dynamics IDMAX 12, 1000rms

i own a 500/1 and a ppi pcx2200 that is 800rms x 1 briged @ 4ohm. any other options welcome.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2216
get 1-15in avalanche and run it with the PPI 800 watta amp at 4ohms it will rock your car! www.ascendantaudio.com I have 1 avalanche 15 in a 2.5 cu/ft enclosure sealed and it slams with my PPI a600 running it at 4ohms.

Silver Member

Post Number: 496
Thanks James..i am gonna check the avalanche out now.. by the way what do you think about the RE SE or perhaps the RE SX???? I like there look and i heard the are ROCK aswell..

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2219
the avalanche will be louder and have better SQ then both of those subs!

Silver Member

Post Number: 497
SWEET!!! im gonna buy it from the site. I guess the main guy that runs the company is chad?? Does he make enclosures for this sub cause i whould wanna purchase it toghether. I dont trust alot of local dealers with building a box for it and tuning. Also im deciding between the 500/1 and the ppi pcx2200 for electrical reasons of not having a HO alternator. My stock alternator is 80 amps and i am also gonna be running a ppi art 300.2 for the componants. Let me know james

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2222
well then I would run the 500/1 but I still think you are gonna need an alt upgrade. Chad will give you dimensions for a box and specs for tuning so you can go to your local shop with that info if you cant build it yourself. I know Chad has been talking about doing a really nice snail shell enclosure your the avalanche but he said shipping would be a b!tch so I would ask him about it. If you go ported this sub will be very very loud, with certain songs mine in a sealed enclosure is almost to loud for listening enjoyment over any long periods of time:-)

Silver Member

Post Number: 498
well if i do go with the 500/1 do you think its a better idea going ported ??? I have never seen a snail shell enclosure and i dont know how it whould sound??? I whould pay for shipping if it sounds as good as it sounds

Silver Member

Post Number: 499
well if i do go with the 500/1 do you think its a better idea going ported ??? I have never seen a snail shell enclosure and i dont know how it whould sound??? I whould pay for shipping if it sounds as good as it sounds...lol

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1898
ECLIPSE AL 88100

Silver Member

Post Number: 500
What about it subfanatic?? Im in favor of the avalanche that james was talking about.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2229
just call and talk to Chad.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1907
idk lol, im in love with that subsm, just though iw ould trow it in lol

Silver Member

Post Number: 501
Hey james which # whould i call to ask for chad??

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2230
815) 477-2423

Silver Member

Post Number: 502
To place an order contact us at (815) 477-2423 I think thats the one.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2231
yup!

Silver Member

Post Number: 503
Thanks for all your help james. I emailed chad about using my 500/1 or ppi pcx2200 amp. And asked him what kinda box i should use and even asked him about the snail shell and shipping. Is the avalanche dual 2 ohm voils?

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2236
No problem man thats what we are here for bro! yeah its dual 2. Chad is a super cool dude by the way.

Silver Member

Post Number: 504
My ppi pcx amp does 200 x 2 @ 4ohms rms
400 x 2 @ 2ohms rms
800 x 1 @ 4ohms bridged rms

If i did use this for that setup how whould this be used since the avalanche is dual 2 ohms??

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2239
run it series.parellel at 4ohms. The RMS ratring of the Avalanche is 800 watts so I know Chad is gonna advise you to use that amp.

Silver Member

Post Number: 505
Just making sure this my ppi amp whould work with this sub since the sub was duel 2 ohms. Im not good with the specs of these things so i wanted to make sure. Im just concerned of my electrical system since i am also running my ppi art 300.2 amp for my componants. again my stock alternator is 80amp and if i used both ppi amps i whould have a total current draw of 1100 watts rms. So 1100/12 whould be 91.6 amps. That whould put me way over. I will use my batcap model 800 for backup next to my amps in the back. I will need to upgrade my alternator if i use the pcx2200. Draws alot of current.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2242
yup class A/B amps draw more current then class D amps. I have read very good things about those batcaps, you might be OK. put it in and see if you get severe dimming of your lights, if not your good, if you do then look for a new alt.

Silver Member

Post Number: 506
I was at chads forum tonight and he was mentioning that if you put the avalanche 15 in the recommended ported box that all you need is 500 watts and if you go sealed 700-750 watts is good. Its also on the ascendantaudio website under the recomandonded enclosures

Silver Member

Post Number: 508
I will talk to him on monday
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us