Kicker L7 15'

Username: Kurt_114

Laredo, Tx USA

Post Number: 2
I was wondering will 300W RMS (continuous) x 1 @ 4 ohms, bridged be able to kick out a L7 15' solar baric.

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1213
in my opionion not without a huge box port tuned low

Bronze Member
Username: Kenwa

Post Number: 90
If its a good amp that is actually pushin 300 watts i would say the sub would beat but not reach full excursion.

Username: Str8upmac52

Post Number: 2
Even if it does push out 300W, with a sub like that which peaks at 2000W, it would blow the Amp eventually.

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1149
yea the sub will destroy the amp...the sub will want more power then the amp can get causing it to more or less self destruct...

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1335
I wouldn't recomend running 2000 watts to that sub for verry long!:-) It won't last...
Just build a really big box, or best option is a bigger amp.

Silver Member
Username: Alpineuser

Post Number: 146
i believe the rms is 750 on that sub not sure so it might work on 500 watts depending on the effeciency on the sub but i dont think solos are to effecient.

Gold Member

Post Number: 1224
effecincy rating on 1 watt per one meter isnt the be all end all i personally have seen one L7 12 hit 149 db on a kicker 1200.1

Bronze Member

Post Number: 98
Those subs will run off of far less than RMS, i have a pair of 10s rated at 600 watts RMS and there is 550 going to each sub and its still way too much, i dont know how much different the 15 inch L7s are but the 10s would be perfect at about 300 watts

Silver Member

Post Number: 164
let me get this right they are rated at 600rms and u are giving them 550 each? you consider that alot less? well for one thing l7 is a spl sub not sq so giving it so little power is a waste in my opinion and would be better to have a different sub and supply it its rms rated power. i heard 2 12" l7s getting 400rms and was installed buy a local shop that "actually knows what they are doing" and it was weak.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 479
L7 15's i might add are 1000w rms:-) so 300 aint gon cut it unless the box is like 8 cu. ft, or bigger for 1 sub

Silver Member

Post Number: 101
well i didnt know the stats on the 15 inch L7s thats why i said they i dont know how much different they are than the 10s, and i didnt say 550 watts was a lot less than 600 i said they would run on a lot less than that. and my whole system was professionally installed and i was advised to not even turn my sub levels on my cd player up any higher than 0 and it goes from -6 to +6 so a 10 inch L7 would be good with between 300 and 350 watts, and thats in a small sealed enclosure. if i had known the 15 inch subs had a higher RMS than the 10s do i would have said no it would not run off of 300 watts

Silver Member
Username: Rob_brown

Post Number: 223
he said bridged so it will be more than 300 watts. i guess 600? if its a 2 channel. but i still think that might not be enough.

Bronze Member
Username: Langner

Madison, South dakota US

Post Number: 54
i had a 12" kicker l7 hooked up 2 a 650 watt boss amp and it was weak but then again it was a boss amp so idk

Username: Diamondzsz

Baltimore, MD USA

Post Number: 1
I have this sub and was looking for enclosure measurements. Does anyone have any reccomendations for a nice, moderately sized enclosure hat will fit in an 88 Seville? Looking for SQ and have a rather beastly amp to accomomdate the subs power cravings. Is there good software which will help me design my enclosure?

Silver Member

Post Number: 118
If you are looking for SQ my first advice is to get a different sub, L7s are an SPL sub and they do that fairly well but The SQ isnt great.

Silver Member

Post Number: 200
when u push l7s to hard or at higher bass notes they sound like someone kicking cardboard

Gold Member

Post Number: 1265
at 51 hz the kicker l7 12 i listened to didnt sound too bad to me they seem to favor that area more so than the extreme low end
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us