Orion 250 G4

skyliner17
Unregistered guest
Just got a brand new Orion 250 G4. I had no idea that is amp was this big. It also hits a lot harder than my jl audio 500/1 amp when hooked up to my alpine type X and to my jl w6v2 sub. It's only rated at 400 watts bridged at 2 ohm. Makes my subs sound great. Also has a lot of great features to fine tune your music. I was just wondering, would this amp be better than the Zapco Reference 1000 watt amp? Even though it has a little less power?

Silver Member
Username: Kojak28

Augusta, GA USA

Post Number: 126
Hey Skyliner, aren't you close to SAvannah GA, by chance?

skyliner17
Unregistered guest
no, I'm in MN. one last thing about the orion amp is that the plugs don't really accept 4 gauge wires. and 4 gauage is the recommended size for tha amp. thats dumb design by orion...

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2232
Skyliner17, congradulations. It will accept 4gauge wire once you trim some off the outside.
Lot of people under estimate Orion HCCA G4 amps. The power numbers are very deceiving. Unlike most amps that love to exaggerate, G4 numbers are way underrated. This is why when you power them up, they sound 2x louder.
As for being better than Zapco, I would say pretty close. For the price you paid, I am sure you won't find another amp that comes close.
One of the biggest feature on G4 is it's ability to handle .5 ohms load in stereo mode.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us