Painful Choice

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 394
If had the choice of picking one out of 5 of these crappy brand subs what would it be? Sony,Pyle,Legacy,Pyramid and Boss.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 511
ouch...

Maybe prolly sony or boss. At least those companies will make good on their warranties.

If i remember correctly, some boss stuff actually has a 6yr warranty...crazy aint it.

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 397
I dont know why but I figure the pyramids pound the hardest. I dont know anybody else? I was thinkin about buyin something real cheap just for fun and see how hard i can get it to hit then blow it up or somethin wit firecrackers.

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 516
go get ya some "super-pros"...lol

Silver Member
Username: Rob_brown

Post Number: 218
get some funky pups.. just hook it up to a wall socket. that's what i did with some motorola 6X9's from like 1970.

Dat dude
Unregistered guest
when you said painful choice you mean it lol

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1127
I'd probably pick the boss...there stuff used to be really good a few years back...

I had a boss amp for a while and it ran pretty cool...no complaints with it...

Silver Member
Username: Sploosh56

Ohio

Post Number: 567
Sony, Pyle, or Boss in that order is what my choices would be. Believe it or not them Sony P5's can pound fairly hard in a ported box. Even though I hate to say this I'd go with the Sony's.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1927
go with sony, they arent as bad as people make them out to be

Gold Member
Username: Insearchofbass

Post Number: 1233
ive heard boss they sounded decent ive also heard super pro think they have low and high end of those anyway the ones i had were suprising personnally i think the super pros are one of pyramids best along with the super blue....the top line but i think the super pro i had was cleaner and louder....legacy subs ...their highest end is good but as for legacy thats all they make good definately not their amps biggest pieces of junk and their 6 x 9s were good top line...pyly used to be ok but not anymore from what i can tell.....sony explodes to me had nasty cone noise that seemed to be a factory problem but ive never heard them in an actual box in a car

Silver Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 102
i bet sony is going to be the best audio company. They made sh*t subs and amps and will eventaully learn from their mistakes and come out with sumthing that will wow people. They are like the biggest electronics company lol. They MUST know SOMTHING!

Bronze Member
Username: Skaman272

Post Number: 21
i agree with pharoh, sony makes POS stuff right now, but they are one of the biggest electronic companies on the plannet, they are bound to get it right sooner or later, i just think if they ever released something decent, it would be hard for them to gain the respect of the car audio enthusists after all the years of $hit they have put out. To be dead honest if sony rated thier products properly and they told evryone for example that their 1200 watt amp only puts out about 500 (rated by the new 2006 goverment standard) people would give sony more credit. If people were only expecting 500 watts of performance, then i think sony's products would deliver people's expectations. At least for the mid ranged quality audio.

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 193
I can't believe I'm recommending a brand with this bad of quality, but my vote goes to Boss with Sony finishing second.

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3669
Sony has been producing crappy and/or so-so quality stuff since the 50s, nothing has changed or improved, they've just come out with new things that wow people. Their priority is to offer cheap stuff to the general public, many of which don't know any better, high end equipment is better left to professional audio corporations who are focused on benefitting the hobby instead of padding pockets. A true high end audio corporation focuses on a narrower product line and invests much of their profit back into R&D, Sony doesn't. Their car audio has actually degraded over the years, the older ES stuff was actually pretty nice.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2316
I agree with the old ES stuff I had an old ES head unit and I loved it, it is still working in my brother in-law's car. I bought it the same day I got my PPI a600 in 96 so for a sony product that is a long time to be running.:-) I think it was the ES9000 or something like that, I think it has lasted so long bacause it had no internal amp it was pre-out only so the internal sony garbage amp couldnt fail on me lol!

Silver Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 106
yea i can see where you gues are coming from but still. Sont has theyr breakthroughs, i was just thinking that if they spent some more time in the car audio department( so much for their Xplode line ) and put some time into it, they would be pretty good again. I like sony, just not anything that has to do with a car, exept for my PS2 Slim Ed that is in behind my amp underneith my fiberglass bolted to my chassis which has a 650$ alarm on it for all those dinks that would like to steal my stuff again
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us