Volvo 2NT
Unregistered guest
You have alot to learn.

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1254
w0's, not that great.
JL is a good sq/spl brand. I wouldn't go with them for just spl though...

Username: Albeemacken

Bc Canada

Post Number: 7
maybe i do but i know what sounds good and what doesnt and if u dont have the money for the best start saving. dont get me wrong thier is stuff that is just as good. 1000 watts rms at any ohm between 1.5 to 4 u cant go wrong w7 s are just incredable

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1256
w7's, yes. W0's, theres a lot better for the price.

Silver Member
Username: Theelfkeeper

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 183
albert, see the second word in your statement, "i"....exactly. sound is a personal preference, whats good and bad doesn't always have to do with how they sound to you or someone else, realiability is important and application is important as well.

Bc Canada

Post Number: 8
if u r not looking for sq but just spl then anything else will do. im looking at sq more then spl

Gold Member

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1258
JL is a good/reliable brand though, I'll give him that!

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 185
yes, but sq is still a personal preference

Silver Member

Stockbridge, GA USA

Post Number: 186
of course its good and reliable, thats why i have a W7 and JL amps, lol

Bc Canada

Post Number: 9
i agree i have a alpine mdrm300 and two 12w04 in my car right now and they sound just awesome. it is all about preference and what u like

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3590
Absolutely, sound is a preference. Asking what is the best is equivalent to asking what the best car is, or who the hottest girl is for that matter. Different strokes for different folks.

Bronze Member
Username: Bnd_rulez

Phoenix, AZ USA

Post Number: 78
Different Strokes, what a great TV show.. the golden days,.

Bc Canada

Post Number: 10
do they have that on dvd i should go out and buy it

Bronze Member

Bc Canada

Post Number: 11
do they have that on dvd i should go out and buy it

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2135
phillip Drummond was the man! lol! hahahahaha man I havnt thought about that show in literally about 15 years. Makes me feel old. (Shut the Hell up Hunter!:-))

Gold Member
Username: Carguy

Post Number: 2209
That show sounds familiar. Speaking of old shows, how about Happy Days? I still get them on tv.

Gold Member
Username: Invain

Michigan United States

Post Number: 1885
Haha, James you old f*ck.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2140
yeah yeah Nick you little pr!ck! lol! haha that rhymes. Yeah I see Happy days on every once in a while also. How bout Thunder Cats, and Voltron. those shows were the sh!t back in the day. lol!

Bronze Member
Username: Thenoose

Post Number: 34
jl is soooooooooooooooooooooooooooo overrated god your paying for the name not the quality

Silver Member
Username: Araknid

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 391
I agree wit nick you can get the same performance for about half the price.

Bronze Member
Username: Audio_fanatic

Mukilteo, Wa

Post Number: 47
Thats not entirely accurate, i would rather pay 1000 dollars for a 12w6v2 then 10 bucks for a sony xplod. While you can get tha same quality and in some cases better quality for less i stilll would say that Jl audio is one of the very best car audio companies.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 392
what the f*ck you talkin bout man im talkin about companies like Adire, Re, Accendant , and other great non expensive brands. not saying that there cheap but its the same fukin thing for equel or greater performance. so blow me.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2222
You want a perfect example of something that's way overrated? Look at Sony. Take the name off and you basically have Pyramid clone.
Change of topic. Just imagine if Sony used a STANDARD CD with their new portable gaming unit instead of a proprietary sized cd? Everyone could be playing dvd movies/music etc without being forced to purchase Sony's $hitty cd. Sony pi$$es me off as much as Microsoft. 2 very greedy companies. If it were up to them, we'd be paying monopoly prices for everything.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 393
I know exactly what your saying Isaac but if they did make it to use standard Cd's then it would have to be larger and it defeats the purpose of having a small portable device.

Gold Member

Post Number: 2224
True, but they could've used the 3" standard cd that's available everywhere at a low price. It could've also saved them money in R&D. Now the industry will have to make/invent another sized cd just to support Sony. Total waste of money and time. Do you remember Sony's beta crap? They never learn.

Silver Member

BOCA , FL U.S.

Post Number: 395
Beta crap nope never heard of it.

Bronze Member
Username: Audio_fanatic

Mukilteo, Wa

Post Number: 48
Do you really want me to blow u? There is no reason to get all mad, and whose to say JL is expensive, someone who buys a W7, which i do belieive is very overpriced, it might not that be that big of a deal to him, people are on very different budgets, 600 to somenoe for a sub, could be like 100 bucks to someone else who buys tha same product. Not everyone has to work for two years like you to purchase a sub.

Silver Member
Username: Suleman36

Post Number: 463
true..gotta pay to play it the way its meant to be.

Username: Ultralowbass

Post Number: 2
Listen i have to say i didnt have good luck with my JLs thats why im with fosgate.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1969
i disagree with all of your ECLIPSE OWNS ALL Lol!

Silver Member
Username: Nnnnick_b

Nc Usa

Post Number: 310
I am not impressed at all with the w7 line. If you want spl then a XX.X, Brahma, Mt, or a DD would r@pe a w7. If you want sq then a 12w6v2 or Idmax would also r@pe a w7. Of course sq if all opinion to a certain degree, if you think a sony xplod has good sq your legally retarded. IMO a XX.X has better sq then a w7(and costs less).

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2009
nick actually, ive made sony explodes sound pretty decent, better than ALOT of sub(comparing to kicker comp's, audiobahns, RF, Type R's and e's)

Bronze Member
Username: Mad_at_madd

Chico, CA USA

Post Number: 15
OK Subfanatic, Sony Explodes suck there's so other way to say it. Also, the kicker comp VR was the only Sub that you listed that decent. Audiobahn is sweet if you're into looks, but don't have a whole lot of quality to back up the look. Alpine type R's have a design fault that results in the surround detaching from the cone when ran at their 300watt RMS (Seen it happen in three different cars and each had a different amp to them). The largest of the three amp.s used was a 16-MC1100D wired to a 2ohm mono load 600x1 rms. This means each speaker was receiving 300watts, which is exactly what their RMS is. However the type e's are pretty nice when ran with a decent amp for an entry level system. The type e's have a decent sq and I've had two push 140dB's in a bandpass box (although it is not recommended to put them in anything other than a sealed or vented box).

The best thing about audiobahn is that you can now buy them at circuit city and buy their blowout warranty so when they blow you can get two more for 50 bucks.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2032
ok Travis, yea i understand they suck, but everyone makes them out to be worse than they are, my BEST friend runs two of them and hits 142 in a ported box and it beats my friends x.x.x in spl and in sq when we put them in the sealed box we have, dont tell me they suck, simple as that, i hate them too no doubt, but they arent that bad, so dont try and tell me i dont know what im talking about so shut up, ok and yea the type R everyone loves. and i still think the xplode is better bases on life expieriences, just because you have had bad problems with them doesnt mean everyone has. audiobahn DOES SUCK so does everything else i said but im comparing them to lower end subs, there is no way you can compare these subs to Ti's,w7's or anything of that nature if thats what your trying to do.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2033
ok Travis, yea i understand they suck, but everyone makes them out to be worse than they are, my BEST friend runs two of them and hits 142 in a ported box and it beats my friends x.x.x in spl and in sq when we put them in the sealed box we have, dont tell me they suck, simple as that, i hate them too no doubt, but they arent that bad, so dont try and tell me i dont know what im talking about so shut up, ok and yea the type R everyone loves. and i still think the xplode is better bases on life expieriences, just because you have had bad problems with them doesnt mean everyone has. audiobahn DOES SUCK so does everything else i said but im comparing them to lower end subs, there is no way you can compare these subs to Ti's,w7's or anything of that nature if thats what your trying to do.

Username: Tpizzle

Post Number: 10
anyone here have suggestions for two high sq 10" subs? i own a 15" kicker now and want clearer bass so im movin down to 10's.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 2037
w6v2's, idmax, infiniti kappa's, eclipse al (88100)

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2297
you dont need to move down in size to get clearer base. What Kickers do you have? I would get either an IDmax 12,Avalanche 15,X.X.X 12 or 15,Eclipse TI 12 or 15 they will all have very good SQ much better then the kicker and you wont sacrafise the low end bass that you get from 15's:-)

Bronze Member
Username: Zacdavis

Beloit, Wi

Post Number: 46

Isaac
Gold Member

Post Number: 2222
Posted on Wednesday, April 06, 2005 - 04:43 pm:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------
You want a perfect example of something that's way overrated? Look at Sony. Take the name off and you basically have Pyramid clone.
Change of topic. Just imagine if Sony used a STANDARD CD with their new portable gaming unit instead of a proprietary sized cd? Everyone could be playing dvd movies/music etc without being forced to purchase Sony's $hitty cd. Sony pi$$es me off as much as Microsoft. 2 very greedy companies. If it were up to them, we'd be paying monopoly prices for everything

lol, now add the word, WALMART to that statement...bas tards

Silver Member
Username: Southernrebel

Monroe, Louisiana USA

Post Number: 600
Zac...Isaac,

I like the way you guys think :-)
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us