Can i make my box in the shape of a L or will this hurt it????

Anonymous

I wanna make a box that sits in the middle of the back seat of my truck and makes an L that turns down to the floor....like the way your legs do when you sit.

i made some messurements and i can make the box a little over 2 cu ft and still have room on either side for some one to sit...

i wanna know if the shape will of the box will do any thing bad???

Does a box have to be a cube of will the L shape work???

Silver Member
Username: Hydro

Post Number: 130
Well my cousin has a Similar type Box he had made and the Cvr 15 in it hits Hellishly.

Anonymous

this is what the box will look like:
http://www.geocities.com/southern_rebel_inla/solobaricbox.jpg

will this work???

Anonymous

can anyone help me out here?????

Username: Tbone

Post Number: 3
IT should be fine, if you go into various audio shops you will see boxes made in all shapes and forms, including AudioForm boxes molded to fit into specific spaces in vehicles, but as long as you are building a sealed box you should be fine, however, if you are building a ported box you might need to run a boxbuilding program to check if this design is okay. You may find that the ports needed for such a ported box will be extremely long, or even to long to be feasible.

jay
Unregistered guest
also keep in mind ports can bend and you can buy/use flexible proting to folow the contours of the box provided you maintain the spacing i mention in one of your other posted threads.
if you use a flexible port or make a bend in the port just make sure it is anchored properly inside the box so as to not flop around.
a bend using rigid ports up to 90 degrees is another alternative to follow the shape of your box.
jay
if youre confused or still need more advice on this technique then feel free to email me and i will get back to you as soon as i can with more details.
jay_amaro_irocz28@yahoo.com

Bronze Member
Username: Bdb_86

Post Number: 23
http://www.diymobilesound.com/box1.htm
this might answer your question
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us