Port or Vent??

Username: Mrcoddy

Taber, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 1
I just got a new MTX 7500 DVC sub and i want to know if I should port it or vent it. I want to have big SPL for what it is.

somethingredicolousihavetomakeup
Unregistered guest
haha, well first off ported is the same thing as vented, do you mean ported or sealed... and if u want SPL i would go with a ported box

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 463
yeh somethingredicolousihavetomakeup is right bout that. for that sub i would go ported based on what specs mtx gives you. Ask them for the specs for a ported box, they should give it to you.

Username: Mrcoddy

Taber, Alberta Canada

Post Number: 3
No, sry about the confusion. I am talking about If i should cut a round hole for a port or put a long narrow cut for a vent. I can do both but what would sound better? thnx

Gold Member
Username: Jonathan_f

GA USA

Post Number: 3576
Both offer similar performance, round tubes are a tad easier since you can just buy the port tubes and cut them. Slot vents offer flexibility since you can get much more surface area out of them, high surface area of the port cuts down noise and aids SPL, plus results in a cleaner sound since there isn't as much turbulence coming from the port.

Unregistered guest
hey i have 2 12" alpine type r's in a sealed box. im running a lanzar 1600w amp bridged into them im pretty sure they would be louder than what they are in a ported box. i was just wondering how big to make the box and if i should use a pvc pipe or the vent slot and again the specs on how big to make them and how deep if anybody knows anything it would great if you could e-mail me

thanks,
kenny

Unregistered guest
hey i have 2 12" alpine type r's in a sealed box. im running a lanzar 1600w amp bridged into them im pretty sure they would be louder than what they are in a ported box. i was just wondering how big to make the box and if i should use a pvc pipe or the vent slot and again the specs on how big to make them and how deep if anybody knows anything it would great if you could e-mail me

thanks,
kenny

Unregistered guest

thanks,
kenny
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us