My Setup + Amp Question

Bronze Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 49
Hey, my system was stolen so im going all out on this one. I was thinking of Getting 4 RE 8" subs and 2 12" x.X x's. Im going to do a nice custom setup but i would like to know your opinion?, How would the 8"s sound with the 12"s in the trunk of my 98 Grand Am?. And for my amp question. Should i use a 4 channel for my re's and a 2 channel for my x.X x's? Help me out guys!. lol

Gold Member
Username: Taylor17

Kopperl, Texas

Post Number: 1241
If the 8's are with the 12's, I don't think you will be able to hear them...
You won't need a 2 ch amp to run the x.x.x, Same with the 8's...

Gold Member
Username: Jmloughrey

Farmington, CT

Post Number: 1088
you wont hear the 8"s at all....as for the 2 12"....you'll need probably the best 2 channel amp that i've even seen anyways...you'd be better off getting 2 mono amps and running them at 1 ohm (assuming they are 1 ohm stable)....not to mention that new alternator you'd need...

Bronze Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 50
really eh.. im looking to get a system under 5000$, i would like to know which brand is best for my needs, and what is my best buy for SPL and SQL. i want somthing that i wont be able to hear myself when i turn the bass boost up, but i also want something that will play sum hard hitting rock and rap music. i have 5g's but i want to get medium lvl stuff cause i need insurance money :-), 2004 grand am isnt easy haha :P.. Whats my best bet?, i had some soundstream but it got stolen and they had what i liked, but i duno now.

Bronze Member
Username: Audio_fanatic

Mukilteo, Wa

Post Number: 46
For five grand, i would get an alpine cda 9833 and a good set of components, focal, dynaudio, mb quart.....and a good 2 channel amp for it, zapco, arc audio, jl audio. Then i would get your 2 12 triple x's and 2 mono amps.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us