Is it ok to hook up car subs to home stereo receiver

Username: Trmclaren

Post Number: 3
I have 2 polk audio 12inch gnx124's hooked up to my home stereo receiver.I have the recevier on surround mode.The subs sound good but they are getting some high frequencys to them.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1796
i did that with my old kickers, didnt hurt them at all

Post Number: 4
but did yours sound like they was high frequencys running to them

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1802
yea, thats unevitable, the sub is still a speaker

Post Number: 5
when i turn it up it starts to disstort

Post Number: 7
im 15 so i dont know alot about car audio

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1805
im only 17 lol, but it will distort cause subs dont really have the best like...uh sound i guess its called lol...idk what to tell ya man

Post Number: 8
i read your profile and you have a bad system.I couldnt belive that you have eclicps subs.you must work at a car audio place.

Post Number: 9
are there any way i can hook up like a crossover to my home stereo receiver.

Gold Member

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1806
haha, i love eclipse, but no i dont work at a car audio place, they refuse to hire me, they think im a dumbass(true, but mean lol) i dont know much about car audio lol. but bb and cc wont hire me either

Post Number: 10
are there anyway i can hook up a crossover to my home stereo receiver.You must have alot of money then to have some eclicps subs.or you might have found them for a good price.

Anonymous

how did u hook the subs up to ur reciever i tried it but they wouldnt work i just figured there wasnt enough power

Bronze Member

Post Number: 11
Ok,there are different channels on the receiver.They are a center channel,2 surround channels,and 2 front channels.You use the front channels to hook up your subs.But you have to turn it on surround mode.If your receiver has a sourround mode on it.Then your ready to go.You could use it not on sourround mode but they distort very bad when you turn it up.This is all thats on my receiver.You might have more channels.Tell me what kind of receiver its is and help you with hooking it up.

Silver Member
Username: Johnnylemoine

LaPlace, Louisiana United States

Post Number: 474
ok if u can find some old tower speaker boxes for some 12's u could use that. they already have crossovers in the box to seperate the highs from lows, well its not exactly a crossover like your thinking, more like bass blockers and treble blockers. but thats wut i did when i put some old kicker subs in my room, found some old bose boxes.

Anonymous

ok thanks well i dont have any boxes but i found out the info on my reciever its kinda old i think its like 1995 or sumthin but here is the reciever aiwa NSX-V50

Anonymous

ive tried 100 diff ways to hook it up but still come up with nothing not even any kinda sound

Bronze Member
Username: Pharoh

Bradford, Ontario Canada

Post Number: 63
u have even tried a crossover?. I bring my car subs into my room during winter and i use them, i take the wires from my "Woofer" from my tower speakers and splice them and connect speaker wire enough to get to my subs, it sounds alright, but dont forget. Ur recievers not a car amp. it isnt putting out Certian frequencies and the proper watts n ohms that you would expect. DONT BURN OUT UR RECIEVER

Anonymous

well my home reciever doesnt have a woofer all it has are 2 6 1/2 speakers and then i have a pioneer 6 1/2 and 6x9 in a tower speaker box hooked up could i just take wires from the tower and hook to sub?
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us