Porting a box and setting it up

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 171
I was wondering about two things when it comes to boxes.
1. Does it matter where the slot port is on a box? will it make a difference based on its location like if its below the sub or above it or to the side or rear, etc.

2. does the position of the sub affect the sound or stability in any way? Like facing the sub up or outwards or facing it towards the back seat? I know facing it down won't work unless its inverted. lol.

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2061
when making a ported box it typically doesnt matter where your ports are but when doing slot ports they tend to fit best on the baffle of the box either above or below the speaker as you will see most of them built. as far as facing your sub in different directions Bass wil sound best to your ear the more things it reflects off of. thats why some cars sound really really good from far away cause the bass is reflecting off many many things before it hits your ear. Turn up your sub and have one of your buddies get in the back and move your box around and see what sounds best. sometimes it is rear firing,other times it is firing into a corner, sometimes into the back seat. you have to play around.

Silver Member
Username: Rds11

Louisville, Kentucky

Post Number: 174
okay, cool. I was lookin at an RE X.X.X and it shows the port on the side of the box in the tech section, but some ppl have recommended the slot put at the bottom so I wasn't sure exactly if it mattered.
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us