12" Eclipse titanium vs. 12"JL audio W7 or W6v2

dude25
Unregistered guest
Hey I was wondering which of these three subs would be better overall? comparing all 3 12" subs. What are the differences and similarities of the subs?
Which is better or SQ or SPL? I would like some input from peeps who have heard them.
thankyou

Gold Member
Username: James1115

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2047
SPl it is gonna be the TI and the W7 SQ it is gonna be the TI and the w6v2. But thats just my opinion. Go listen to them and see what your ears like.

Silver Member
Username: Addicted2bass

Miami, FLORIDA USA

Post Number: 444
spl-eclpise/w7
sq-elpise/w6
sql-eclpise/w6

i personally dont like the way w7's sound.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2052
I couldnt agree more Bass!

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 150
w7's are excellent SQL subs. A lot better than the Ti. Given each their appropiate set up, the W7 will sound a lot better, spl and sq.As for the w6, I've never heard that sub. People around here seem to hate on JL because of their pricey tags. All money issues a side, W7's are excellent subs. I'd take a x.x.x. over a Ti or w7, a lot louder,cleaner,detailed bass.If you can try listening to 'em for yourself. I know for a fact that a lot of people,even around here, are selling their Ti's, I have no idea why.

Gold Member

Wilton, Ct

Post Number: 2057
sub is the only one selling his TI and the reason is he wants an MT! He just got it and I believe only hooked it up once for a minute. Sub has compulsive buyers and sellers disease so if thats what you are going him selling it has nothing to do with the way it sounds, he is prob the biggest Eclipse fan on this board. As far as hating on JL I have had multiple JL systems, 3-10w6's,1-12w7,1-12w6v2,and two 15w6's. Out of the systems named the 10w6's were my favorite by far,next the 15w6's,followed by the w6v2,followed by the w7. JL is a great product but for the difference between the w6v2 and the w7 being so minimal the price tag does nothing but shy me away. When I could have 2-12w6v2's or 1-12w7 for the same price, I am gonna jump on the w6v2's all day long!

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1767
DR MAX, ECLIPSE RULES!!!!!!!!, but i started building a box for it lol, im thinkin im keepin it and then just like later this year for christmas get the MT, and have BOTH! mwahaha, unless i get a good offer on the eclipse with the box,

but to answer the question the w6v2 will have the best sq, then the Ti, then the w7, spl will be the Ti then the w7 then the w6v2

Silver Member
Username: Fordpwr

Los angeles, CA Usa

Post Number: 154
Hey,hey,hey,, I never said eclipse sucked!!!!All I'm saying is that I've played around with both the Ti and W7,( I'm an experienced enclosure builder) wtih diff. amps, head units, vehicles and enclosures, to include the ss box( wich i dislike, I just buy them to try out subs and get rid of them, they are not all that great, especiaslly for the price) on both of them.I've NEVER heard the Ti pound louder,harder than the W7!!!and I've never heard either one of them pound harder than a x.x.x.Amps and more importantly, sub enclosures, will make you or break you. I'm personally running two 15" x.x.x. in enclosures I made that pound harder and louder than the s.s. boxes. I'm telling you this because I bought the ss box (2) and sold them with 15" mtx 9500's. In fact, I'm selling one 15"x.x.x. to my brother in law to replace his W7, after he shoped around for other subs to include the Ti.So yeah, all of these subs are awsome,not one of them suck, everyone has their favorites.

Gold Member
Username: Subfanatic

Walton, Ky

Post Number: 1793
Yes its all a matter of opinions! lol, i hate how everyone on here who argues (no names) but it is me alot lol, but i love Eclipses, hate w7's like x.x.x's and obsessed with old kicker comp vr's
« Previous Thread Next Thread »

Main Forums

Today's Posts

Forum Help

Follow Us